All Pages, © 2021 Clark Hill PLC.
F. William MahleyF. William Mahley Clark Hill
909 Fannin Street
Houston, TX 77010
Phone: (713) 951-5633
J.D., University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, 1981
University of Houston Law Center
B.A., University of Houston, Houston, Texas, 1978
University of Houston
State Bar Licenses
U.S. District Ct., S.D. of Texas
U.S. District Ct., E.D. of Texas
U.S. District Ct., W.D. of Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
F. William Mahley
F. William Mahley represents clients in the maritime, transportation, and energy industries in litigation matters frequently involving contractual disputes, injuries, environmental hazards, and human resources.
- General representation—contracts, operations, casualties, injuries, environmental, insurance, and human resources—of marine transportation, energy service companies, and shipyards.
- Successful prosecution of maritime lien cases on behalf of a physical supplier following the O.W. Bunker bankruptcy.
- Defended marine construction company in a personal injury action by a worker claiming to be a seaman.
- Defended barge line in a claim by one of its charterers alleging numerous instances of short delivery of liquid cargo over a several-year period.
- Prosecuted property damage claims for a barge line and dock facility caused by the wake of a passing ship.
- General representation of shipyards in personal injury, regulatory, financial, and commercial disputes.
- Prosecuted property damage claim by the operator of an offshore platform which was struck by a foreign flag ship.
- Defended tug and barge flotilla following collision with and sinking of fishing vessel which resulted in the drowning deaths of two persons aboard the fishing vessel.
- Defended sellers of a business in a subsequent suit by a former employee alleging entitlement to a portion of the sale proceeds based on an alleged oral promise of stock in the venture.
- Defended operators of offshore towing and supply vessels in various maritime, personal injury, and property damage claims, including the Jones Act.
- Prosecuted claim for contamination of potable ethanol cargo while in tank storage awaiting transshipment to Asia.
- Intervention in proceedings to seize a gambling ship to assert lien claim on behalf of company supplying casino equipment to vessel.
Named among The Best Lawyers in America - Admiralty and Maritime Law by Best Lawyers (2016- 2021)
Houston Bar Association, Member
Maritime Law Association of the United States
Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Member