Dominic Gentile, represents domestic and international clients in securities and commercial fraud investigations and litigation, speech and press issues, and professional licensing and disciplinary matters.
Dominic authored a book entitled The Parent-Child Privilege: A Case for the Family, which was published by the National College of Criminal Lawyers and Public Defenders. He is the founder of La Voce – the Voice of Las Vegas’ Italian-American Community.
Dominic was formerly an Associate Dean of the National College of Criminal Defense Lawyers and Public Defenders, and is currently an Adjunct Professor of Law for the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) William S. Boyd School of Law. He has been teaching trial advocacy and trial evidence at law schools throughout the United States for more than 40 years.
AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. AV®, AV Preeminent ®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished (SM)® and Martindale-Hubbell Notable (SM)®
Named among The Best Lawyers in America© for
- Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense: General Practice, Criminal Defense: White-Collar, First Amendment Law (2023)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar (2022)
- Criminal Defense: General Practice; Criminal Defense: White-Collar; First Amendment Law (1983-2021)
Vegas INC: Top Lawyers, 2012 – present
Mr. Gentile has been included in the Mountain States Super Lawyers list from 2007 to the present.
Member, Clark County Justice of the Peace Judicial Nominating Committee
Past Chairman, American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section RICO Case Committee
Past Vice-Chairman, American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section Defense Function Committee
Past Member, American Bar Association White Collar Crime Committee
Past Member, American Bar Association Grand Jury Committee
Former Member of Board of Governors of the Nevada State Bar Association
Charter and Present Member of the Nevada Supreme Court Bench-Bar Committee
Member, First Amendment Lawyers Association
Founding Member, Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice, and “Lawyer of the Decade” in 2010
Past Member, Board of Directors, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (two terms)
Honorary Consul (Emeritus) Republic of Italy for the State of Nevada
State Bar Licenses
- Quoted, “Lawyer speaks out after murder charge dropped in teen shooting death,” CBS Las Vegas, October 13, 2017
- Featured, “Nevada lawyer gave us attorney news conferences,” Las Vegas Review-Journal, June 29, 2016
- Featured, “On The Move,” Las Vegas Business Press, March 30, 2015
- Featured, “Interview with Dominic Gentile,” Nevada Newsmakers, March 26, 2015
- Featured, “Gentile, Cristalli and Miller opening Nevada-based law firm,”13 Action News, March 24, 2015