David L. Brandon
David Brandon represents clients in a variety of claims, including class actions, landlord liability, commercial property management, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of commercial contracts, securities fraud, professional liability and intellectual property disputes.
David has represented private and public entities in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels for almost 40 years. In addition to teaching David how to obtain favorable results in litigation, this experience has also taught him how to assist his clients in identifying areas of risk within their business models, enabling David to provide his clients with solutions that reduce that risk.
David’s clients are involved in diverse sectors of the economy, including transportation, loan servicing, water supply, construction and design, insurance, housing, retail and professional services. He represents clients in both the prosecution and defense of a wide variety of claims, including class actions, landlord liability, commercial property management, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of commercial contracts, securities fraud, professional liability and intellectual property disputes.
AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated – Martindale-Hubbell
For fifteen years (2006, 2008-2021) David Brandon has been named a Southern California Super Lawyer in a survey distributed by Thomson Reuters, a distinction honoring the top 5% of lawyers in the region
Named among The Best Lawyers in America® – Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law by Best Lawyers (2023)
Named Southern California Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters (2008-2023)
Los Angeles County Bar Association, Professional Responsibility and Ethics Committee, Member, 2004- Present; Chair, 2014-2015
American Bar Association
Adjunct Professor of Law, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, teaching Appellate Advocacy, Law Practice Management and Professional Liability
Member – Clark Hill’s General Counsel Office
State Bar Licenses
- Obtained first published appellate decision delineating the duty of design professionals to non-clients, affirming summary judgment obtained in the trial court.
- Obtained published appellate decision affirming successful result in trial court, where the trial court quieted title to a “replicar” of a unique automobile replica of a film character.
- Obtained summary judgment for a government entity in a multi-vehicle collision resulting in the deaths of six individuals and serios injuries to a seventh.
- Obtained an appellate reversal of an erroneous trial court order dismissing a client’s seven-figure environmental claim and an erroneous trial court order assessing a six figure attorney fee award against the client.
- Author, “The Dos and Don’ts of Witness Compensation,” Los Angeles County Bar Association Update, December 2018
- Author, “Conflict Checks: When, Who and What,” County Bar Update, December 2017
- Presenter, “Civility & Ethics at the Court of Appeal,” Appellate Courts Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association, May 27, 2021