Bruce Ritter has practiced commercial real estate since 1987, advising clients on leasing, acquisition, development, loan transactions, and real estate workouts throughout New York, New Jersey, and nationally.
His clients include commercial landlords and tenants nationwide in retail leases, office leases, “big box,” industrial, and warehouse leases, as well as mixed-use project leases, ground leases, and bondable and other types of financing leases. In addition, he has led brownfield developments, retail developments, and build-to-suit projects. Clients appreciate his understanding of unique tax incentives and programs in real estate deals, allowing him to assist them in structuring substantial cost savings.
Prior to private practice, Bruce worked as an in-house counsel with two national retailers and a national quick service restaurant company in addition to private law firm experience in Manhattan.
New York State Bar Association
Nassau County Bar Association
International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Accountant/Attorney Networking Group Inc. (AANG)
Long Island Business Associates (LIBA)
U.S. Green Building Council (USBGC), Long Island Chapter
State Bar Licenses
- Spearheaded the acquisition and development project for an anchor apparel retailer to relocate its headquarters.
- Represented an anchor retailer on the acquisition and development project for large warehouse distribution hub centers.
- Represented anchor retailers for acquisition and leasing in shopping center condominiums.
- Handled ground leasing and sub-ground leasing for development transactions.
- Represented a lender in connection with multi-state extended stay lodging facility projects.
- Represented large quick service restaurant chain on steakhouse and quick service transactions.
- Represented borrower for refinancing of large light industrial, manufacturing, and office development.
- Representation of a large retail developer in numerous transactions that include governmental entities, quasi-governmental entities, and private developers in varying degrees of involvement in retail development and retail/mixed-use projects.
- Seminar Speaker, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Law Conference, “Impacts of Innovations on Contemporary Grocery Store Leasing and Development” (November 2021)
- Seminar Speaker, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Law Conference, “Challenges and Rewards for the Grocer and Shopping Center Owner/Operator in the Coming Decade of the 2020s” (October 2020)
- Seminar Speaker, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Law Conference, “Changing Times, Changing Minds: Revisiting Prohibited Uses and Their Enforceability in the New Era of Non-Traditional Retail” (October 2017)
- Workshop Coordinator and Co-Facilitator, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Law Conference, “Subtenant Recognition Agreements: To Recognize Me or Not to Recognize Me, That Is Not a Question” (October 2016)
- Roundtable Leader, “Issues with Incentives and Fixture Financing,” International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Law Conference (October 2014)
- Moderator, Nassau County Bar Association CLE Seminar, “Improving the Performance of Your Law Firm” (October 2011)
- Workshop Coordinator and Co-Facilitator, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Law Conference, “Dollar$ & Sense: Attacking Both Sides of the Coin” (September 2010)