Bijan R. Siahatgar
Bijan Siahatgar represents companies in a variety of litigation matters involving assertions of product defects, trucking accidents, manufacturing incidents, offshore casualties, and commercial disputes.
Bijan is a trial lawyer representing clients in a variety of disputes and has tried more than 20 cases to verdict. He advises on disputes involving product liability cases, trucking and other motor vehicle accidents, industrial accidents, manufacturing issues, construction, toxic torts, and all types of personal injury cases. Bijan also advises clients on a variety of business issues such as contracts (including indemnity and insurance provisions), warranties and risk management concerns.
He routinely advises energy and maritime clients regarding disputes arising from offshore installations and other marine operations. He also represents vessel owners in all types of casualty, Jones Act, collision/alision, cargo contamination and contract disputes.
Named among Best Lawyers – Admiralty & Maritime Law (2017-2022)
Named among Who’s Who in Shipping and Maritime Lawyers by Law Business Research Ltd (2008)
State Bar of Texas, Maritime Law Association of the United States, Offshore Marine Service Association, American Salvage Association
State Bar Licenses
Bijan has arbitrated several commercial disputes and provided first chair trial representation in a number of state and federal court cases. His notable accomplishments include:
- Successful defense of trucking company in roll-over accident in hostile venue.
- Dismissal of many products liability cases via forum non conveniens and personal jurisdiction defense.
- Effective disposition by trial, summary judgment and Daubert motion of multiple product liability cases involving a wide variety of products where claims for personal injury, fire damage and other property damage were alleged.
- Defense verdict in a commercial dispute between compressed gas retailer and wholesaler.
- Defense verdict in a construction dispute on behalf of a builder against a homeowner.
- Defense verdict in a case with more than 250 plaintiffs who alleged seismic activity caused property damage.
- Several trials involving maritime personal injury and death.
- Defense resolution in arbitration of a multi-million dollar commercial product liability property damage case.
- Successful resolution of a wrongful death case for a major appliance manufacturer in which plaintiffs alleged that faulty dryer components caused a fatal house fire.
- Defense of various product liability claims involving residential construction products.
- Successful resolution of a multi-million dollar product liability case involving a refractory product that allegedly caused extensive damage to multiple refineries.
- Commercial/contract advice for various offshore companies involved in Gulf of Mexico and international operations.
- Drafting commercial and consumer warranties for domestic and international product manufacturers.
- Numerous investigations of explosions, fires, personal injuries and property losses, including guidance through regulatory and/or governmental agency investigations.