Bijan R. SiahatgarBijan Siahatgar Clark Hill
Bijan R. Siahatgar
Bijan R. Siahatgar is a trial lawyer who represents companies in a variety of disputes. He handles litigation involving assertions of product defects, trucking accidents, manufacturing incidents, offshore casualties, and commercial disputes. His practice includes product liability cases, trucking and other motor vehicle accidents, industrial accidents, manufacturing issues (e.g. product liability, incident investigation, workplace safety, regulatory compliance and audits) construction litigation disputes, toxic torts (benzene and asbestos exposure, among others), and all types of personal injury cases. He also specializes in the defense of sexual assault crimes. Bijan has tried over 20 cases to verdict.
He also specializes in energy and maritime cases with an emphasis on disputes arising from offshore installations (platforms, jack-up rigs, floaters, etc.) and other marine operations. He represents vessel owners in all types of casualty, Jones Act, collision/allision, cargo contamination and contract disputes. He is also a member of the American Salvage Association.
Bijan routinely advises clients on a variety of business issues such as contracts (including indemnity and insurance provisions), warranties and risk management concerns.
Bijan has arbitrated several commercial disputes and provided first chair trial representation in a number of state and federal court cases. His notable accomplishments include:
- Successful defense of trucking company in roll-over accident in hostile venue.
- Dismissal of many products liability cases via forum on conveniens and personal jurisdiction defense
- Effective disposition by trial, summary judgment and Daubert motion of multiple product liability cases involving a wide variety of products where claims for personal injury, fire damage and other property damage were alleged.
- Defense verdict in a commercial dispute between compressed gas retailer and wholesaler.
- Defense verdict in a construction dispute on behalf of a builder against a homeowner.
- Defense verdict in a case with more than 250 plaintiffs who alleged seismic activity caused property damage.
- Several trials involving maritime personal injury and death.
- Defense resolution in arbitration of a multi-million dollar commercial product liability property damage case.
- Successful resolution of a wrongful death case for a major appliance manufacturer in which plaintiffs alleged that faulty dryer components caused a fatal house fire.
- Defense of various product liability claims involving residential construction products.
- Successful resolution of a multi-million dollar product liability case involving a refractory product that allegedly caused extensive damage to multiple refineries.
- Commercial/contract advice for various offshore employers involved in Gulf of Mexico and international operations.
- Drafting commercial and consumer warranties for domestic and international product manufacturers.
- Numerous investigations of explosions, fires, personal injuries and property losses, including guidance through regulatory and/or governmental agency investigations.