Annie J. Jacobs
Annie Jacobs counsels and represents business clients with an emphasis on commercial disputes and property and casualty litigation.
Annie has hands-on experience in all types of litigation matters, including contractual disputes, wrongful death and personal injury claims, property damage claims and disputes resulting from fire and water damage, as well as experience with cargo and freight claims.
As a trial lawyer, Annie represents clients in both state and federal courts. Her clients include manufacturers, retailers and transportation companies. Annie helps her clients achieve their goals not only in the courtroom as defense counsel, but also guides them as they work together to develop strategies and programs to avoid future litigation.
Named among The Best Lawyers in America® for Commercial Litigation (2022-2023)
Named among The Best Lawyers in America® for Product Liability Litigation – Defendants (2024)
State Bar of Texas, ALFA International Products and Transportation Practice Groups Steering Committee, Transportation Lawyers Association, The Conference of Freight Counsel, Attorneys Serving the Community
State Bar Licenses
- Successful defense of trucking company in roll-over accident in hostile venue.
- Obtained summary judgment in a product liability case involving personal injury to an individual injured by a power tool at a job site.
- Obtained dismissal of claims in favor of a client involved in litigation for a house fire allegedly caused by a defective appliance.
- Obtained favorable settlements in commercial property fire resulting from defective refrigeration equipment.
- Handled various property damage disputes on behalf of a fire suppression system component manufacturer.
- Obtained defense verdict in a trial involving claims against a trucking company by a former driver for faulty repair work.
- Obtained a plaintiff’s verdict on behalf of a shipper for damage to a forklift.
- Obtained defense verdict in a trial involving claims against a lessor brought by a lessee seeking damages under Chapter 92 of the Texas Property Code.
- Obtained summary judgment for a national motor carrier on the issue of causation in a negligence action arising from two major accidents resulting in severe personal injury.
- Obtained dismissal for a national motor carrier in a lawsuit arising from a truck accident in which the carrier disputed involvement.
- Involved in investigations at loss sites involving fires and chemical explosions.
- Involved in numerous successful mediations involving commercial disputes and personal injury claims.