Andrew G. Edson
Andrew Edson advises companies and individuals in bankruptcy cases, financial restructurings, workouts and foreclosures, and other collection actions across all industries, including financial services, energy, transportation, real estate, and health care.
Andrew represents secured and unsecured creditors in all aspects of bankruptcy cases and proceedings, including lift stay and adequate protection motions, proofs of claims, cash collateral motions, valuation determinations, avoidance actions, disclosure statements and plans of reorganization, and discovery and dispositive motions in bankruptcy litigation. Andrew represents corporate debtors in their reorganization efforts and assisting trustees in asset recovery or liquidation actions.
Andrew regularly assists creditors in collection efforts, including judgment abstracts, writs of execution and garnishment, and post-judgment discovery, and real and personal property foreclosures. He has specific experience in representing lenders and equipment lessors through the workout and foreclosure process.
Named among Best Lawyers Under 40 by D Magazine (2021)
Named among Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch by Best Lawyers (2021-2022)
Named among Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters (2018 – 2021)
Recipient of Strasburger’s Bob Thomas Award for Community Service (2016)
Strasburger Team Champion, The Corporate Sports Challenge (2014)
Recipient of Strasburger’s Special Recognition: Contribution to a Team (2013)
Dallas Bar Association – Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section, Home Project Committee, Planning for Sponsorship’s of Habitat for Humanity Homes
John C. Ford Inn of Court, Barrister
State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section, Young Lawyer Committee, Professional Education Liaison
Dallas Regional Chamber Young Professionals, Member and Selected to 2019 Lead YP Class
DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers, Vice President and Board Member (2015-2016)
DAYL Foundation, Fellow
State Bar Licenses
- Advises lenders and equipment lessors in bankruptcy filings and out-of-court workouts to protect and preserve collateral
- Represented lenders in conducting UCC Article 9 sales of inventory and equipment
- Represented equipment lessors in obtaining adequate protection payments and/or relief from the automatic stay to repossess and liquidate collateral
- Represented private equity entities in the purchase of bankruptcy estate assets through Section 363 sales.
- Represented a non-profit hospital client in a complex Chapter 11 case in addressing significant secured debt and governmental liability.
- Advises international manufacturers to protect inventory, assert claims, and negotiate plan terms in all types of energy bankruptcies
- Obtained full payment of claim in Section 363 sale of oil & gas bankruptcy debtor
- Represent international energy company with treatment of crude production and lubricants contracts in bankruptcy cases
- Successfully defended former officers and directors of a Chapter 11 oil and gas debtor from fiduciary claims.
- Represented companies in efforts to eliminate decommissioning liabilities implicated in bankruptcy cases
- Represent seismic data company to protect intellectual property and contract rights in oil and gas bankruptcies
- Regularly conduct foreclosures as substitute trustee
- Prepare substantive consolidation opinions for REIT transactions
- Successfully represented a lender in a valuation determination of real property
- Protect franchisor rights and property when franchisee seeks bankruptcy protection
- Advised a national lender and servicer with real estate portfolios on numerous matters in the resolution of title issues and title litigation
- Supreme Court Holds that Mere Retention of Property Does Not Violate the Automatic Stay, Bankruptcy Law Section of the State Bar of Texas Newsletter (March 2021)