Andrew G. EdsonAndrew Edson Clark Hill
Andrew G. Edson
Andrew Edson has significant experience in representing secured and unsecured creditors in all aspects of bankruptcy cases and proceedings, including life stay and adequate protection motions, proofs of claims, cash collateral motions, valuation determinations, avoidance actions, disclosure statements and plans of reorganization, and discovery and dispositive motions in bankruptcy litigation. Andrew also has experience in representing corporate debtors in their reorganization efforts and assisting trustees in asset recovery or liquidation actions.
Andrew regularly assists creditors in collection efforts, including judgment abstracts, writs of execution and garnishment, and post-judgment discovery, and real and personal property foreclosures. He has specific experience in representing lenders and equipment lessors through the workout and foreclosure process.
He has a passion for counseling clients in determining the best cost-effective action to reach the overall objective.
- Advises lenders and equipment lessors in bankruptcy filings and out-of-court workouts to protect and preserve collateral
- Represented lenders in conducting UCC Article 9 sales of inventory and equipment
- Represented equipment lessors in obtaining adequate protection payments and/or relief from the automatic stay to repossess and liquidate collateral
- Represented private equity entities in the purchase of bankruptcy estate assets through Section 363 sales.
- Represented a non-profit hospital client in a complex Chapter 11 case in addressing significant secured debt and governmental liability.
- Advises international manufacturers to protect inventory, assert claims, and negotiate plan terms in all types of energy bankruptcies
- Obtained full payment of claim in Section 363 sale of oil & gas bankruptcy debtor
- Represent international energy company with treatment of crude production and lubricants contracts in bankruptcy cases
- Successfully defended former officers and directors of a Chapter 11 oil and gas debtor from fiduciary claims.
- Represented companies in efforts to eliminate decommissioning liabilities implicated in bankruptcy cases
- Represent seismic data company to protect intellectual property and contract rights in oil and gas bankruptcies
- Regularly conduct foreclosures as substitute trustee
- Prepare substantive consolidation opinions for REIT transactions
- Successfully represented a lender in a valuation determination of real property
- Protect franchisor rights and property when franchisee seeks bankruptcy protection
- Advised a national lender and servicer with real estate portfolios on numerous matters in the resolution of title issues and title litigation
- Co-Presenter. Secured Creditor's Remedies and Protecting Assets in Bankruptcy, Troy, Michigan (January 2020)
- Panelist. What's the Plan: Chapter 11, Starting Out Right Program, Young Lawyers Committee for the State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section (October 2017)
- Panelist. What the Kardashians Can Teach Us About Bankruptcy: Recent Fraud Cases, DBA Bankruptcy & Commercial Law Section Meeting (June 2016)
- Panelist. 2011 Bankruptcy Case Law Update, DBA Franchise & Distribution Law Section Meeting (March 2012)
- Co-author with Judge Harlin DeWayne Hale and Shannon McKelvie, New Bankruptcy Law Designed to Help Small Businesses, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (April 2020)
- BANKRUPTCY UPDATE: New Requirements & Deadlines for Proofs of Claim, Strasburger's Business Reorganization & Bankruptcy Newsletter (March 2018)
- Co-author with Judge Harlin DeWayne Hale. Executory Contracts and Leases in Bankruptcy, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (July 2016)
- The Automatic Stay: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (August 2015)
- Costly Mistake: UCC-3 Termination Statements Effective Regardless of Intent, Strasburger Lenders Alert (May 2015)
- Co-author with Judge Harlin DeWayne Hale. Bankruptcy Fundamentals: Preferences and Defenses, Commercial Law World Magazine (April/July 2014)
- Co-author with Judge Harlin DeWayne Hale. A Primer on Fraudulent Transfer Actions in Bankruptcy Court, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (May 2014)
- Incomplete Description of Collateral in the Financing Statement May Negatively Impact Priority and Bankruptcy Rights, Strasburger Business Reorganization and Bankruptcy News Alert (January 2014)
- Motive Matters? Not to the Fifth Circuit When Impairing a Class of Creditors, Strasburger Business Reorganization and Bankruptcy Newsletter (April 2013)
- Co-author with Judge Harlin DeWayne Hale. Preferences in Bankruptcy Cases, or Do I Really Have to Give the Money Back?, Federal Lawyer (January/February 2013)
- Co-author with Judge Harlin DeWayne Hale. A Primer on Preferences, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (Summer 2012)
- Supreme Court Summary of Schwab v. Reilly, FBA Bankruptcy Section Newsletter (Summer 2010)
- Road Block: The U.S.-Mexico Trucking Dispute, Law and Business Review of the Americas (July 2010)