Andrew G. EdsonAndrew Edson Clark Hill
Andrew G. Edson
Andrew Edson has experience in representing creditors, corporate debtors, and trustees in all aspects of bankruptcy cases and proceedings, including cash collateral motions, proofs of claims, lift stay motions, adversaries, avoidance actions, disclosure statements, and plans of reorganization.
Andrew regularly assists creditors in collection efforts, including judgment abstracts, writs of execution and garnishment, and post-judgment discovery. He also has experience in representing lenders and equipment lessors through the workout and foreclosure process, and in resolving title issues with loan documents.
- Advises energy companies in bankruptcy cases, including addressing automatic stay issues, treatment of executory contracts, and defenses to avoidance actions.
- Represented lenders and landlords in a wide range of industries in protecting and preserving collateral and property in bankruptcies, workouts and mediations.
- Represented a non-profit hospital client in a complex Chapter 11 case in addressing significant secured debt and governmental liability.
- Successfully defended former officers and directors of a Chapter 11 oil and gas debtor from fiduciary claims.
- Advised a national lender and servicer with real estate portfolios on numerous matters in the resolution of title issues and title litigation.
- Represented private equity entities in the purchase of bankruptcy estate assets through Section 363 sales.
- Represented sureties where principals and indemnitors filed for bankruptcy protection and sought to obtain non-dischargeable judgments.
- Represented high-end Italian shoe manufacturer creditor in Chapter 11 bankruptcy of shoe stores located in North Park and the Galleria in Houston.
- Panelist. What's the Plan: Chapter 11, Starting Out Right Program, Young Lawyers Committee for the State Bar of Texas Bankruptcy Section (October 2017)
- Panelist. What the Kardashians Can Teach Us About Bankruptcy: Recent Fraud Cases, DBA Bankruptcy & Commercial Law Section Meeting (June 2016)
- Panelist. 2011 Bankruptcy Case Law Update, DBA Franchise & Distribution Law Section Meeting (March 2012)
- BANKRUPTCY UPDATE: New Requirements & Deadlines for Proofs of Claim, Strasburger's Business Reorganization & Bankruptcy Newsletter (March 2018)
- Co-author with Judge Harlin DeWayne Hale. Executory Contracts and Leases in Bankruptcy, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (July 2016)
- The Automatic Stay: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (August 2015)
- Costly Mistake: UCC-3 Termination Statements Effective Regardless of Intent, Strasburger Lenders Alert (May 2015)
- Co-author with Judge Harlin DeWayne Hale. Bankruptcy Fundamentals: Preferences and Defenses, Commercial Law World Magazine (April/July 2014)
- Co-author with Judge Harlin DeWayne Hale. A Primer on Fraudulent Transfer Actions in Bankruptcy Court, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (May 2014)
- Incomplete Description of Collateral in the Financing Statement May Negatively Impact Priority and Bankruptcy Rights, Strasburger Business Reorganization and Bankruptcy News Alert (January 2014)
- Motive Matters? Not to the Fifth Circuit When Impairing a Class of Creditors, Strasburger Business Reorganization and Bankruptcy Newsletter (April 2013)
- Co-author with Judge Harlin DeWayne Hale. Preferences in Bankruptcy Cases, or Do I Really Have to Give the Money Back?, Federal Lawyer (January/February 2013)
- Co-author with Judge Harlin DeWayne Hale. A Primer on Preferences, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (Summer 2012)
- Supreme Court Summary of Schwab v. Reilly, FBA Bankruptcy Section Newsletter (Summer 2010)
- Road Block: The U.S.-Mexico Trucking Dispute, Law and Business Review of the Americas (July 2010)