Amy C. Lachowicz
Amy C. Lachowicz defends and advises employers regarding claims of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment, as well as disputes over restrictive covenants and employment agreements. She litigates claims under the Federal Employers’ Liability Act and represents governmental entities in civil rights litigation.
A large part of Amy’s practice includes defending employers at the administrative, state, and federal levels against claims of discrimination, retaliation, and harassment based on race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, and religion. She counsels and litigates on behalf of her clients’ matters that include restrictive covenants in employment agreements, disputes over confidentiality agreements, and the misappropriation of trade secrets. Amy counsels and trains clients on policies and procedures that comply with Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other federal and state anti-discrimination statutes. As a way to support her clients in promoting Best Practices in their workplace and to ensure that employers comply with the applicable anti-discrimination Amy drafts and revises employee handbooks.
Amy regularly litigates claims under the Federal Employers’ Liability Act (involving injuries to railroad workers). She has successfully defended employers against claims by employees who are allegedly injured as a result of workplace hazards and exposure to toxic substances. Amy also represents governmental entities in civil rights litigation pursuant to Section 1983.
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2010 in the area of Business Litigation, and for 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 in the area of Employment and Labor
Philadelphia Bar Association
American Bar Association
State Bar Licenses
- “Debate on Gender Pay Equality Not Going Away Anytime Soon,” The Legal Intelligencer, October 2017
- “The U.S. Department of Labor’s Shift in Policy: A Win for Businesses?,” E-Alert, June 2017
- Presenter, “Preventing Harassment and Bullying in the Workplace,” Delaware Valley Labor and Employment Law Conference, April 2017
- “Philadelphia Employers Can No Longer Ask About an Applicant’s Salary History,” E-Alert, December 2016
- “Workplace Violence – Minimizing Risk and Protecting Employees,” The Legal Intelligencer, October 2016
- Presenter, “Standards of Discipline,” Clark Hill CLE, May 2016.
- Presenter, “Disciplinary Procedures That Protect Your Company from Litigation,” “Bullet-Proofing Your Employee Handbook in the Wake of the NLRB General Counsel Guidance Regarding Lawful Handbook Policies,” Delaware Valley Labor & Employment Law Conference, April 2016.
- “Philadelphia Amendments to Ban-the-Box Become Effective,” E-Alert, February 2016.