Allan C. WiskAllan Wisk Clark Hill
Allan C. Wisk
Allan "Al" Wisk has represented banks for over 35 years. His experience includes commercial and industrial lending, real estate lending, syndicated lending, floor plan lines of credit, asset based lending, representation of banks in private wealth finance including loans secured by aircraft and fine art, and mortgage warehouse lending.
Al has worked on projects involving oil and natural gas pipelines, refineries, chemical plants, and underground gas storage facilities. His experience representing bank in workouts and restructuring includes the attempt by the Hunt family to corner the world's silver market, the S&L Crisis, ENRON, the Mortgage Company of America failure, and the Great Recession.
Before joining Strasburger in 2006, Al served as co-chair of a 60 attorney banking, energy, and real estate group at an international law firm.
- $400 million corporate financing to international contractor and servicing company.
- $200 million corporate loan to NYSE entertainment company.
- $350 million mortgage warehouse facility.
- $69 million construction loan for two 20 story luxury condominium towers in Las Vegas.
- $60 million loan secured by assets of cable television companies.
- $750 million leveraged financing secured by six petrochemical plants and 600 miles of pipelines in Texas.
- $175 million acquisition line of credit for entertainment REIT.
- $240 million construction loan for The Crescent, a1.5 million square feet, hotel, office and retail complex in Dallas,Texas.
- $60 million construction loan for office, residential, retail project in Atlanta, Georgia.
- $60 million acquisition loan for a shopping mall in Phoenix, Arizona.
- $62 million construction loan for high rise college student apartment project in Austin,Texas.
- $55 million automobile dealer floor plan line of credit.
- $50 million construction loan for five commercial properties in California and Kansas.
- $45 million construction loan for data storage facility in Virginia.
- $34 million aircraft loan for Gulfstream jet.
- $30 million line of credit secured by automobile sales contracts.
- $30 million unsecured line of credit to individual.
- Representation of Lender in cross collateralized asset based loan, equipment loans and real estate loan.
- Representation of Lender in construction loans for Hilton, Marriott and Sheraton hotels.
- Representation of Lender in loans secured by life insurance policies.
- Representation of Lender in loan to restaurant chain secured by 68 restaurant locations across the United States.
- Representation of Trustees in $5 billion worth of corporate bond and stock offerings.
- Representation of Lender in acquisition loan for 6,600 acre Texas ranch.
- Representation of Lender in $16 million construction loan for high rise medical office building constructed on property ground leased from adjacent hospital.
- $18 million acquisition loan for seven department stores in five states.
- $12 million construction loan for student housing at the University of Nebraska-Omaha.
- $18 million construction loan for The Meridian, the first apartment complex in the Uptown area of Dallas.
- $20 million revolving construction line of credit for national homebuilder.
- $16 million construction loan for mixed-use (apartments and retail) project.
- $15 million loan secured by partnership interests.
- $10 million loan secured by works of art.
- Representation of Lender in line of credit to a liquor distilling company.
- $500 million in acquisitions of 50 office and apartment projects in Texas and Oklahoma.
- $70 million construction financing of a 500,000 square foot office building on the Dallas North Tollway.
- Office leasing for the largest insurance company in the United States.
- Land acquisitions and development for the largest home builder in the U.S.
- Penrod restructure, conveyance of 27 real estate properties in 19 states into a liquidating trust for the benefit of the bank group.
- Restructure of $170 million in real estate loans and conveyance of 21 properties across Texas to special asset entity of bank.
- Workouts of real estate, commercial and mortgage warehouse loans.
- $2 billion financing secured by 26,000 miles of natural gas pipeline systems in 15 states from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to Arizona.
- Development of 16 Bcf capacity natural gas storage facilities in Louisiana.
- Acquisition of Fina Petroleum's Texas petroleum refinery, pipelines, terminals and service stations for an Israeli company.
- Acquisition of natural gas storage projects in California, Texas and Mississippi.
- Surviving the CRE Tsunami, Webinar Materials Reprinted with permission by Sheshunoff Information Services (2010)
- Panelist. Buying & Selling Distressed Mortgage Portfolios, American Banker Panel, National Mortgage News, New York City (June 2010)
- Panelist. The Financial Crisis: What You Need to Know Now. (Video) (December 2008)
- Co-presenter. When a Mortgage Company Goes into Bankruptcy (December 2007)
- Working Capital Lines of Credit, American Bankers Association Convention, Harvard Club, Boston
- Texas Real Property Foreclosures, National Business Institute
- Underground Storage of Natural Gas, Energy Law Institute
- Structures of Financing for Real Estate Transactions, Commercial Real Estate Brokers Conference
- Connecting the Dots The "New" U.S. Banking Crisis Policy; Also, Potential New Equity Source for Community Banks, Strasburger Banker's Alert
- Former Regulators Assess CRE Loan Workout Guidelines, Manager's Guide
- Former Regulators Weigh in on CRE Workout Guidelines, Strasburger Banker's Alert
- Bank Failures Rise and D'Oench Duhme Returns, The Banking Law Journal.
- Warren Buffett on Banking, Bank Regulation, and the Economy, Strasburger Banker's Alert
- Federal Guidelines for CRE Loan Workouts Address Impact of Lower Appraisal Values, Strasburger Banker's Alert
- Spike in Bank Failures; D'Oench Duhme Returns, Strasburger Banker's Alert
- Deterioration of Shared National Credits, Strasburger Banker's Alert
- Changes to Texas Real Estate Foreclosure Law, Strasburger Banker's Alert
- The 1970s Were the L.A. Rams Most Dramatic Decade, Los Angeles Magazine (September 2016)
- America's Game and the Iran Hostage Crisis, Produced by George Clooney and Grant Heslov; directed by Tate Donovan; narrated by George Clooney, NFL Network (December 2015)
- Attorneys Anticipate Increasing Activity as Assets Send Distress Signals, Dallas Business Journal (June 2010)
- Baseball's 25 Greatest Moments, By Ron Smith, The Sporting News