Sue S. Junn
Sue Junn represents healthcare professionals and long-term care facilities against claims of negligence, intentional misconduct, and statutory violations.
Sue handles all aspects of litigation from law and motion practice through discovery, settlement negotiations, and trial, and aggressively defends her clients in the courtroom.
Sue also provides counseling and advice to her long-term care clients in matters outside of the civil litigation context, such as assisting in a facility’s incident investigation, compliance with incident reporting requirements and other types of regulatory requirements under Title 22, interfacing with government agencies relating to a complaint investigation, deficiencies, and appeals.
In addition to healthcare-related matters, Sue provides counseling and services to businesses and organizations relating to the protection of informational privacy and cyber data security issues ranging from privacy impact assessments to structuring privacy governance policies and procedures and implementing best practices to respond to data breach incidents.
As a certified privacy professional, Sue also advises and assists her clients in assessing the application of, and dealing with, compliance issues under various state, federal, and international privacy laws including among others, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) which just passed in November 2020.
Certified Information Privacy Professional/U.S. (CIPP/US)
Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
Scott Moot Court Honors Board
Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US), International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
Co-Chair, KnowledgeNet Los Angeles Chapter, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Korean American Bar Association
Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Co-Head Commissioner, Crescent Bay Optimist Sports League, 2015-2016
Boardmember, Next Level Basketball LA, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
State Bar Licenses
- Speaker, “California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA),” LeadingAge California, September 12, 2019
- Speaker, “Confidentiality of Medical Records – Legal Considerations When Producing Health Records in a Claim File,” Markel Webinar, January 22, 2019
- Speaker, “Enforcing Arbitration Agreements,” Retirement Housing Foundation, October 17, 2018
- Co-Presenter, “Recent Employment Law Updates and Changes Affecting California Employers,” Pacific City Bank & APABA’s Joint Workshop for Small Business Owners, October 22, 2015
- Presenter, “Risk Management Tools for Healthcare Professionals,” Yo San University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, June 16, 2015
- Presenter, “We Have An Incident – What Do We Do Next?” CGV Cinema, June 26, 2013
- Co-Presenter, “Beware – Medicare Wants Its Share! Navigating Settlements With Medicare Recipient Plaintiffs” MCLE Presentation, Morris Polich & Purdy LLP, September 2, 2010
- Presenter, “Risk Management Tools for Healthcare Providers” to the California Association of Bioanalysts (CAB), March 20, 2010
- Speaker, ‚Äã”Legal Ramifications of Documentation,” Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center Chalet, February 23, 2009
- Speaker, “Legal Ramifications of Documentation,” Inland Christian Home, Inc., January 29, 2009
- Guest Speaker, “Financial Elder Abuse: The Law And Its Impact On Financial Professionals,” Estate Planning Council of San Gabriel Valley, October 20, 2008
- Panel Speaker, “Success, Money, Power and Women,” National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Los Angeles Chapter, April 2008
- Guest Speaker, “Financial Elder Abuse,” Seventh Annual Allied Professionals Education Day, Society of Financial Service Professionals, San Diego Chapter, January 23, 2008
- Guest Speaker, “Presentation on Financial Elder Abuse,” Society of Financial Service Professionals, Los Angeles Chapter, November 8, 2007
- Author, “No Smoking Law Extended to Owner-Operated Businesses, Employee Breakrooms, and More,” Email Alert, November 15, 2016
- Co-Author, “New round of legislation: Governor signs laws protecting workers’ rights,” California Employment Law Letter, October 24, 2016
- Co-Author, “Arbitration agreement may not be enforceable under federal, California law,” California Employment Law Letter, November 23, 2015
- Author, “New SMART Act Sets Time Frames for Medicare Conditional Payment Information,” Email Alert, March 11, 2013
- Author, “SMART Act Streamlines Medicare Process,” Los Angeles Daily Journal, March 1, 2013
- Author, “Strict Products Liability Design Defect Claims – How Much Protection Do Industry Standards Provide?” Morris Policy Purdy [MPP] Email Alert, July 5, 2012