Sherry Meyer focuses her practice on commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, and financing.
Sherry represents buyers and sellers, including real estate investment trusts, corporations, foreign and domestic public funds, and foreign and domestic joint venture partnerships, in connection with the acquisition of multifamily properties, industrial and warehouse facilities, office buildings, medical office buildings and facilities, and raw land. She also represents borrowers in real estate financing transactions, including traditional mortgage loans, securitized loans (including Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae loans), bridge loans and mezzanine loans; formation of partnerships, limited liability companies and other entities in connection with real estate transactions.
Additionally, Sherry represents healthcare systems in negotiations with developers, owners and managers of medical office buildings and other medical facilities. She has also has experience representing lessors and lessees in lease transactions involving retail and restaurant space, office buildings, industrial sites, and medical facilities; and owners, managers, contractors, and developers in negotiating and documenting agreements with adjoining landowners, governmental entities, and other parties, including easements, restrictive covenants, property management agreements, affidavits, condominium.
Sherry currently serves as Co-Chair of Clark Hill BOLD Collin County, the firm’s strategy to promote women within the firm, the legal profession, and the Collin County business community.
State Bar of Texas, Real Estate Law Section
Dallas Bar Association, Real Property Section
State Bar Licenses
- Represented Canadian public funds, Canadian joint venture partnerships, and US private real estate investment trusts in all aspects of the acquisition and disposition of luxury multifamily properties in Texas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Nevada, North Carolina, and Tennessee worth over $2 billion, including 1031 exchange transactions.
- Advised Canadian public fund and five US private real estate investment trusts regarding US real estate law matters relating to sale of a fund, including 23 US real property assets, for $1.4 billion.
- Represented health care system in the acquisition of numerous sites for the development of medical facilities.
- Represented electric utility company in the sale and leaseback of several industrial office locations in Texas and New Mexico.
- Represented limited partnership developer in the acquisition of raw land for the development of a residential community.
- Represented nonprofit company in connection with the sale of an office building in Dallas, Texas. Represented cement company in the acquisition of numerous parcels of raw land for future development.
- Represented twenty-seven related borrowers in the refinancing of twenty-three mortgage loans into one $800,450,000 Freddie Mac backed securitized loan.
- Represented borrowers in the acquisition of over $2.5 billion in traditional and securitized real estate mortgage loans.
- Represented borrowers in the acquisition and permanent refinancing of bridge loans for the acquisition of real property assets.
- Represented borrowers in the acquisition of over $100 million in mezzanine financing.
- Represented health care system in ground leasing of property for the development of medical office buildings and other health care facilities.
- Represented electric utility company in leasing of multiple office sites.
- Represented national retail chain in leasing of multiple retail sites.
- Represented restaurant owner regarding the leasing of restaurant space in Dallas and surrounding area.