Robert J. Witte
Robert J. Witte supports clients throughout business litigation matters involving contract disputes, financial services, non-profit governmental regulation and compliance, energy, business torts, construction, and real estate.
Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubble
Named D Magazine Best Lawyers in Dallas (2005, 2007-2009, 2011, 2013)
Named a Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters (2003-2011, 2015-2018)
Named among the Ten Outstanding Young Americans by the United States Junior Chamber (2009)
Named among the Five Outstanding Young Texans by the Texas Junior Chamber (2008)
Recipient of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation Award of Excellence (2008)
Named among the Five Outstanding Young Dallasites by Dallas Junior Chamber (2007)
Named to the Top 40 Business Leaders Under 40 by the Dallas Business Journal (2002, 2004, 2005)
Named D Magazine Best Dallas Lawyers Under 40 (2002, 2004, 2005)
Recipient of the Texas Young Lawyers Association President’s Award (2005)
Named Dallas Outstanding Young Lawyer by Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (2003)
Dallas Heart Ball Debra Sue Payne Award
Named among The Best Lawyers in America® for Commercial Litigation by Best Lawyers (2013-2024)
Who’s Who in America
American Bar Association, Co-Chair, Business Law Section, E-Discovery Subcommittee (2009-present), Co-Chair, Appellate Subcommittee (2004-2009), Member, Litigation Section, Fellow, Young Lawyer Division
State Bar of Texas, Local Bar Services Committee member (2004-2011)
Texas State Bar College, Member
Texas Bar Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow, Nominations Committee
Dallas Bar Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow
Texas Young Lawyers Association, Board of Directors (2001-2005), Co- Founder, Ten Minute Mentor and Leadership TYLA
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Board of Directors (1997-2005)
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation, Founding Sustaining Life Fellow, Trustee (2005-2009)
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Leadership Class, Co-Chairmanand Class Co-Facilitator (1997-present)
Dallas Assembly, Member (2013-present)
Trinity Park Conservancy, Board of Directors (2017-present); Audit Committee
Trinity Commons Foundation, Board Chairman (2017-present), Board of Directors (2011-present), Luncheon Co-Chair (2014-2015)
University of Oklahoma, College of Arts & Sciences Board of Advocates (1995-2013; 2017-present); Associates Council (2001-2012)
Common Unity (Seven Loaves Food Pantry), Board of Directors (2011-2017)
Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star Foundation, Board of Trustees (2010-present); Audit Committee
Dallas Summer Musicals, Executive Committee (2015-present); Secretary (2016-present); Board of Directors (2007-present), Co-Chair,Curtain Call Gala (2008)
Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas, Founding Co-Chairman, Wish Night, Board of Directors (1996-2009), Board Chairman (2003-2004)
MDA’s Dallas Legal Leaders: The Hot Hundred Who Care, Founding Co-Chairman
Greater Dallas Planning Council, Executive Committee Member, Board of Directors (2009-2014), Chair, “MetroMorphosis” Symposium (2009)
International House of Blues Foundation, Founding Member, Dallas
St. Andrew United Methodist Church, Chancel Choir
North Texas Super Bowl XLV Host Committee, Vice Chair, Volunteer Action Team
Texas Rangers Season Ticketholder Advisory Board (2009-2012)
State Bar Licenses
- Handles complex litigation matters with experience representing clients on both sides of the docket.
- Provides extensive representation to financial institutions with respect to security interests, foreclosure, workout, lien priority, and other matters related to creditors’ rights.
- Helps non-profit entities ensure legal compliance and best practices. Assists non-profit organization clients on contract, audit, human resources, board governance, and other matters.
- Represents clients in federal and state government enforcement and compliance matters.
- Advises clients on document retention and electronic discovery issues.
- Conducts appellate work in various state and federal jurisdictions, including the United States Supreme Court and the Supreme Court of Texas.
- Mediates and employs alternative dispute resolution, assists clients in efficiently resolving disputes, often avoids the expense and risk associated with trial and appeal.
- Represents clients in the enforcement and defense of copyright and trademark infringement matters.
- Conducts nonsubscriber litigation for major corporate entities.
- Speaker & Course Co-Chair, Texas Bar CLE, New Lawyer Seminar and Practice Skills Course