Robert J. WitteRobert Witte Clark Hill
Robert J. Witte
Robert J. Witte serves clients in the area of business litigation in state and federal courts, including general contract, financial services, non-profit governmental regulation and compliance, energy, business tort, ERISA, construction, and real estate. Robert listens to clients, learns their business objectives and helps achieve those goals while minimizing risk.
- Handles complex litigation matters with experience representing clients on both sides of the docket.
- Provides extensive representation to financial institutions with respect to security interests, foreclosure, workout, lien priority and other matters related to creditors' rights.
- Helps non-profit entities ensure legal compliance and best practices. Assists non-profit organization clients on contract, audit, human resources, board governance, and other matters.
- Represents clients in federal and state government enforcement and compliance matters.
- Advises clients on document retention and electronic discovery issues.
- Conductes appellate work in various state and federal jurisdictions, including the United States Supreme Court and the Supreme Court of Texas.
- Mediates and employs alternative dispute resolution, assists clients in efficiently resolving disputes, often avoids the expense and risk associated with trial and appeal.
- Represents clients in the enforcement and defense of copyright and trademark infringement matters.
- Conducts nonsubscriber litigation for major corporate entities.
- Speaker, Texas Bar CLE, Advanced Civil Trial Course.
- Speaker, Texas Bar CLE, Choosing & Courting a Jury Seminar.
- Speaker & Course Co-Chair, Texas Bar CLE, Federal Practice Seminar.
- Speaker & Course Co-Chair, Texas Bar CLE, New Lawyer Seminar and Practice Skills Course.
- Co-Author, Appellate Law & E-Discovery Chapters, ABA Section of Business Law: Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation.
Robert Witte has experience presenting on the following topics:
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Non-Profit Compliance, Governance & Management
- Electronic Discovery/Document Retention
- Legal Writing and Editing
- Collecting on Debts and Judgments
- Pretrial Discovery under the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure
- Local Rules in Federal Court
- Community Service and Leadership Development