Robert H. Shoop, Jr
Robert Shoop assists clients in a broad range of employment and labor relations matters in the widest segments of business, including the public sector, hospitals, manufacturing, construction, and service industries.
Robert has been engaged in a broad range of employment and labor relations matters in the widest segments of business, including the public sector, hospitals, manufacturing, construction, and service industries, for over 40 years. In addition, he has provided labor relations advice and negotiated labor agreements nationwide for major manufacturers and construction companies and has represented health care institutions, public employers, colleges, and universities. He has extensive trial and appellate litigation experience in Employment Discrimination Matters.
Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2005
Included in Marquis Who’s Who in American Law
AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board, appointed by Governor Tom Corbett in 2012
United States District Court Arbitrator, Early Neutral Evaluator and Mediator, Western District of Pennsylvania
Former Chairman, the Prevailing Wage Appeals Board for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, appointed by Governor Thomas J. Ridge in 1995
Trustee, Washington & Jefferson College
Former Board Member, Longwood at Oakmont
Former Board Member, Golden Triangle YMCA
State Bar Licenses
- “Key NLRB Developments for Union and Non-Union Employers,” CHTR Employment Law Conference, October 2013.
- Lecturer and speaker on employment-related matters to groups throughout the United States.
- Faculty member, Pennsylvania Bar Institute.
- Speaker at the Mid-West Labor Law Conference in Columbus, Ohio.
- Speaker at the Texas Labor Law Conference in San Antonio, Texas.
- Speaker at the St. Vincent College Symposium on Labor Relations.
- Speaker at the Annual Labor Conference at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
- Guest lecturer at colleges and universities including Carnegie-Mellon University, the University of Pittsburgh and Washington and Jefferson College.