Reese L. Harrison Jr.Reese Harrison Clark Hill
Reese L. Harrison Jr.
Reese L. Harrison, Jr. has an extensive and diverse litigation practice. He represents clients in a full range of business, commercial, contract, tort, and international litigation. He has significant experience in antitrust law, military law, agricultural law, environmental law, securities and shareholder litigation, entertainment and sports law, and in defending white collar criminal matters.
Prior to joining Clark Hill, Reese served eight years as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Western District of Texas and an additional year spent as a Special Assistant United States Attorney. He was also the general counsel to both the Texas House of Representatives' General Investigating Committee and the Ethics Committee in the 1983-84 biennial session.
For nearly 35 years, Reese served as Judge Advocate in the Air National Guard of the United States Air Force, retiring with the rank of Brigadier General (Brevet) in the Texas Air National Guard. He was designated by the Adjutant General (1978-98) of the State of Texas as a Labor Law Advisor for the Texas Air National Guard for labor relations pursuant to the Federal Labor Relations Act. He served as a Military Judge (1975-98) in the Texas Air National Guard.
Reese is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and Board Certified in Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy by the National Board of Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy.
Reese was an Adjunct Professor of International Litigation at St. Mary’s University School of Law LLM program in International Law.
- Represented a client in intervention in one of the largest Leveraged Buy Outs (LBO) in history
- Represented large public utilities in construction litigation and in federal subject matter litigation
- Represented clients in both civil and criminal antitrust litigation
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in their successful defense of employment termination claims by over 50 former employees
- Represented a national bank in its construction defect claims against the contractor and subcontractors and in the claims against the bonding companies concerning insurance coverage issues by the bonding companies standing in for the contractor, who had gone out of business
- Represented a large chemical manufacturing company in a number of claims in agricultural law and product liability involving the use of a chemical for agricultural purposes
- Represented an Oscar- and Emmy-winning actor in a marriage dissolution case
- Represented a National Basketball Association club in defending tortuous interference claims made by another NBA club
- Represented an NBA player in a contract dispute with an NBA club
- Represented parties in defending environmental claims in cases involving hundreds of parties
- Represented a client in preventing foreclosure of a large downtown mid-rise property and negotiated forbearance and refinancing of the property