Ralph W. Selitto
Ralph Selitto is a registered patent lawyer with a broad spectrum of experience in all aspects of intellectual property law.
Over the course of his decades-long career, Ralph has assisted clients in the development and management of global patent, trademark, and copyright portfolios, while counseling them on the strategic commercialization and valuation of their portfolios. His work has included the preparation and prosecution of numerous U.S. and international patent and trademark applications, as well as the drafting of license agreements and infringement, validity, and freedom-to-operate opinions. Ralph’s efforts in these areas have allowed him to develop broad experience in the evaluation of intellectual property, from both a legal and business perspective.
In addition to his considerable prosecution and transactional experience, Ralph has gained wide-ranging, career-long litigation experience by representing clients in a number of lawsuits involving patents, trademarks, and copyrights. More recently, he has defended a number of clients in lawsuits involving patent invalidity defenses that resulted in the asserted patents being subjected to administrative challenges in the form of post grant or inter partes reviews in the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
* Not currently admitted in Arizona.
- The Best Lawyers in America, Patent Law, Trademark Law, 2023
- Best of Arizona, Intellectual Property Group, 2018
- Chambers USA, 2011-2018
- IAM Magazine, “IAM Patent 1000,” Prosecution, 2012-2017
- Lexology’s Client Choice Award USA & Canada, United States: New Jersey, 2013
- New Jersey Inventors Hall of Fame Award for “Outstanding Contributions,” Recipient, Oct. 2016
- New Jersey Law Journal’s “General Litigation Department of the Year” Award, 2013
- Outstanding Young Men of America, 1982
Arizona Technology Council, Board of Directors
American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member