Peter K. Blume
Peter K. Blume represents businesses ranging from start-up ventures to public companies on a wide array of issues such as formation, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financings, public and private securities offerings, and joint ventures.
Peter regularly acts as outside general counsel for clients in a variety of industries, assisting senior management with transactional needs and planning, corporate governance, securities transactions and regulation, and general business matters. He advises boards of directors and corporate officers regarding federal and state securities law matters, including insider trading policies, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, stock exchange listing standards, and other corporate securities and governance matters.
As the co-leader of Clark Hill’s Investment Management Group, he frequently counsels broker-dealers and investment advisers on regulatory compliance issues, including SEC, FINRA, and state enforcement matters. He also regularly represents private equity funds and their sponsors and fund investors in all aspects of fund formation, operation, and capital raising.
Peter is a frequent lecturer and author on these and other corporate and securities topics for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute.
2022: Best Lawyers in America- Corporate Law
Allegheny County Bar Association (Business Law Section)
Pennsylvania Bar Association
President and Co-Founder, Aquinas Academy
Lecturer, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
Lecturer, Graduate School of Justice Studies, California University of Pennsylvania
Indiana Township Zoning Hearing Board
State Bar Licenses
- Experience in the fund formation area includes the formation of numerous private funds through U.S. and international securities offerings, representing funds and investors in the preparation and negotiation of fund formation and investment documents, and restructuring the terms of existing investment funds.
- Representing venture capital and private equity firms in early- and later-stage financings, restructurings, and other transactions.
- Representation of investment advisers and broker-dealers in SEC, FINRA, and state securities commission audits and enforcement actions.
- Initial Public Offering of two Mutual Funds, including all SEC and state registration filings.
- Numerous private placements of securities and other venture financings on behalf of issuers, including a major Pennsylvania-based broker-dealer.
- Representation of senior officers of public company in major SEC investigation.
- Counseling employee benefit plans and their advisors on securities law issues affecting such plans.
- Representation of Independent Directors and Audit Committees of Investment Management Companies.
- Co-Solicitor: Allegheny County Industrial Development Authority, Allegheny County Residential Finance Authority, Allegheny County Higher Education Building Authority, and the Allegheny County Hospital Development Authority.
- Representation of non-profit corporations in a wide array of zoning and land-use matters.
- Representation of developers in joint ventures and real estate limited partnerships.
- Negotiation of leveraged-lease transactions with Japanese banks on behalf of major integrated steel manufacturer.
- General Counsel to a major national food processing and distribution company.
- Ongoing representation of a national food distributor in multi-state lease and mortgage financings.
- Counsel to several private, independent schools and to their tax-exempt foundation arms.
- Presenter, “Recent Legal Developments Affecting Investment Advisers,” Financial Planning Association of Pittsburgh – Financial “Four”um, October 2010
- Speaker, “Federal Enforcement Actions Against Gatekeepers: Recent Trends in DOJ and SEC Actions Against In-House Counsel,” Delaware Valley Association for Corporate Counsel (DELVACCA) Seminar, August 2010
- Lecturer, CFP® Continuing Education Conference, “Ethics in an Ever-Changing Regulatory World,” February 2010
- Speaker, “A Survey of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act,” PBI Seminars in Pittsburgh, Harrisburg and Philadelphia, June 2009
- Moderator, “Oversight of Non-Traditional Investments Products,” Duquesne University Symposium on “Ethics, Regulations and Risk Management: A New Paradigm for the Financial Services Industry,” April 2009
- Speaker, “Antitrust Developments Affecting the Flat Glass Industry,” National Flat Glass Logistics Council Meeting, Atlanta, February 2009