Michael J. Boland
Mike Boland is Clark Hill’s Director of Ediscovery. In this role, he is one of the key leaders for IG360, the firm’s business unit dedicated to ediscovery services. This group combines process, technology, and talent and simplifies ediscovery, leveraging leading technology and workflows to bring clients cost-effective solutions.
Mike uses his experience in consulting and managing matters in the ediscovery field to assist clients in identifying, preserving, collecting, processing, reviewing, and producing data for use in adversarial proceedings and investigations.
Throughout his career, Michael has worked for ediscovery vendors, boutique and national consulting companies, practiced law relating to ediscovery matters, as well as worked in a consultative and project management capacity for AmLaw firms and Fortune 500 corporate legal departments.
Named a Leading Lawyer in Chicago by Leading Lawyers℠ (2017-2023)
American Bar Association
Illinois State Bar
Wisconsin State Bar
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Co-lecturer, eDiscovery Practice Support: Learning the Skill to Get Ahead, Washington D.C., Understanding Electronically Stored Information (ESI) and the Defensible Process, Georgetown University Law Center, November, 4 2011.
- Co-author, “A Simple Guide to Statistical Document Sorting Technology,” Inside Counsel, 16, March 2012. Online.Co-author, “Getting Defensive About Predictive Document Sorting Technology,” Inside Counsel, 30, March 2012. Online.
- Co-author, “Relative Defensibility of Boolean and Statistical Document Culling Workflows,” Inside Counsel, 13, April 2012. Online.
- Co-author, “E-Discovery in the Cloud,” Inside Counsel, 27, April 2012. Online.Co-author, “Forensically Sound Collection of ESI,” Inside Counsel, 11, May 2012. Online.
- Co-author, “7th Circiut E-discovery Committee’s Effort Paying Off,” Inside Counsel, 27, May 2012. Online.
- Panelist, International Legal Technology Association Annual Conference, Washington D.C., Make the Move: Autonomy’s Cloud for Information Management, The Gaylord National Resort and Conference Center, August, 28 2012.
- Panelist, Chicago Association of Litigation Support Managers’ Annual Conference, Chicago, IL, Managing the Basics of ESI, The Union League Club, October, 15 2012.
- Panelist, Electronic Discovery Institute Leadership Summit, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Meeting Ethical Responsibilities for Legal Process Outsourcing, Ritz-Carlton, October. 18 2012.
- “Creating an E-Discovery Model in a Company or Law Firm,” The Legal Intelligencer, 29, January 2013. Online.