Michael J. BolandMichael Boland Clark Hill
Michael J. Boland
Michael J. Boland is the firm wide Ediscovery Manager for Clark Hill PLC. In this role Michael is responsible for building and growing the firm’s internal ediscovery process, technology and talent by simplifying ediscovery and bring clients cost effective solutions by leveraging leading technology and workflows driven by top tier project management.
Michael is also an experienced subject matter expert in the ediscovery field, consulting and managing matters on all levels. He assists clients in identifying, preserving, collecting, processing, reviewing and producing data for use in adversarial proceedings and investigations.
Throughout his career, Michael has worked for ediscovery vendors, boutique and national consulting companies, practiced law relating to ediscovery matters as well as worked in a consultative and project management capacity for AmLaw firms and Fortune 500 corporate legal departments.
Michael is a member of the American Bar Association and the Illinois State Bar. He received a BA from the University of Notre Dame, a JD from Golden Gate University and an MBA from the Ageno School of Business at Golden Gate University.
He resides in Oak Park, Illinois with his wife, daughter and son.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Co-lecturer, eDiscovery Practice Support: Learning the Skill to Get Ahead, Washington D.C., Understanding Electronically Stored Information (ESI) and the Defensible Process, Georgetown University Law Center, November, 4 2011.
- Co-author, “A Simple Guide to Statistical Document Sorting Technology,” Inside Counsel, 16, March 2012. Online.Co-author, “Getting Defensive About Predictive Document Sorting Technology,” Inside Counsel, 30, March 2012. Online.
- Co-author, “Relative Defensibility of Boolean and Statistical Document Culling Workflows,” Inside Counsel, 13, April 2012. Online.
- Co-author, “E-Discovery in the Cloud,” Inside Counsel, 27, April 2012. Online.Co-author, “Forensically Sound Collection of ESI,” Inside Counsel, 11, May 2012. Online.
- Co-author, “7th Circiut E-discovery Committee’s Effort Paying Off,” Inside Counsel, 27, May 2012. Online.
- Panelist, International Legal Technology Association Annual Conference, Washington D.C., Make the Move: Autonomy's Cloud for Information Management, The Gaylord National Resort and Conference Center, August, 28 2012.
- Panelist, Chicago Association of Litigation Support Managers' Annual Conference, Chicago, IL, Managing the Basics of ESI, The Union League Club, October, 15 2012.
- Panelist, Electronic Discovery Institute Leadership Summit, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Meeting Ethical Responsibilities for Legal Process Outsourcing, Ritz-Carlton, October. 18 2012.
- “Creating an E-Discovery Model in a Company or Law Firm,” The Legal Intelligencer, 29, January 2013. Online.