Martin I. RoosMartin Roos Clark Hill
Martin I. Roos
Martin I. Roos assists clients with business and estate planning matters.
Marty has more than 30 years of experience advising clients on tax and estate planning issues, such as the preparation of wills and revocable trusts, marital deduction trusts, life insurance trusts, Crummey trusts, charitable trusts, private foundations, and more.
In addition, Marty’s practice includes probate and estate administration.
Marty assists clients with a broad range of business and estate planning needs. His experience includes the design and implementation of all types of estate planning techniques.
Marty has also developed a program offered to businesses that provides cost-efficient estate planning offered as a benefit to its employees. Representative clients include those in the energy, banking, and retail industries.
Marty currently serves as Member in Charge of the firm's San Antonio office and Co-Business Unit Leader of the Tax and Estate Planning group. He is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Advised clients on the implementation of various estate planning techniques designed to minimize estate taxes
- Assisted clients with the creation of other estate planning techniques designed to shift wealth down to the next generation, including partnerships, qualified personal residence trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, and Crummey trusts, among others
- Advised clients on matters relating to business succession planning
- Assisted clients with the creation of charitable giving techniques, including charitable lead trusts, charitable remainder trusts, and private foundations
- Developed a program that provides low cost, basic estate planning to the employees of various corporations as part of their benefits programs
- Assisted clients in the capacity of a fiduciary or beneficiary with all aspects of the administration of estates, including probating wills, handling intestate estates, and estate tax returns.