Martin I. RoosMartin Roos Clark Hill
Martin I. Roos
Martin I. Roos has been practicing law for over 25 years and concentrates his practice in the areas of estate planning, probate, and estate administration.
Marty assists clients with a broad range of business and estate planning needs. His experience includes the design and implementation of all types of estate planning techniques.
In addition to his practice, Marty is a frequent author and lecturer on estate planning and probate issues. He has been featured on WOAI's San Antonio Living, in the San Antonio Business Journal, and other media.
Marty currently serves as Member in Charge of the firm's San Antonio office. He is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Advised clients on the implementation of various estate planning techniques designed to minimize estate taxes
- Assisted clients with the creation of other estate planning techniques designed to shift wealth down to the next generation, including partnerships, qualified personal residence trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, and Crummey trusts, among others
- Advised clients on matters relating to business succession planning
- Assisted clients with the creation of charitable giving techniques, including charitable lead trusts, charitable remainder trusts, and private foundations
- Developed a program that provides low cost, basic estate planning to the employees of various corporations as part of their benefits programs
- Assisted clients in the capacity of a fiduciary or beneficiary with all aspects of the administration of estates, including probating wills, handling intestate estates and estate tax returns.
- Panelist. Estate Planning Power Panel, Strasburger's Tax Symposium (November 2017)
- Estate Planning Update, Strasburger's Tax Symposium (November 2016)
- Estate Planning in an Era of Increasing Estate and Gift Tax Exemptions, Strasburger's Tax Symposium (August 2014)
- Co-author. Will vs Revocable Living Trust - Which is Right for You?, Kerrville Area Business Magazine (January 2010)
- Co-author. Finding Solutions to the Credit Crunch, San Antonio Business Journal (April 2010)
- The Business of Family Cohabitation - What to Consider Before Moving Your Parents In, San Antonio Woman, (July/August 2018)
- Marty Roos Talks Trusts & Estates with SABJ, San Antonio Business Journal (April 2018)
- Experts Offer Advice on Managing Money in a Contentious Political Season, San Antonio Business Journal, Subscription required. (April 2016)
- Guys to Know, San Antonio Woman (December 2015)
- One Month Left to Prepare for Major Tax Code Changes, Interview WOAI News Radio (November 2010)
- Local Estate Lawyer says Estate Compromise Will Benefit Many, Interview WOAI News Radio (December 2010)