Louis WilliamsLouis Williams Clark Hill
Louis Williams is a senior attorney in Clark Hill’s Litigation practice group. Louis has experience in business litigation with an emphasis on construction and real estate law. He has obtained favorable jury verdicts and arbitration awards in construction, real estate, consumer/DTPA actions and personal injury defense cases. Louis is skilled in preparing motions and taking depositions of fact witnesses and experts.
Louis graduated from Texas A&M University at Corpus Christi and also received a Master of Education at Lamar University. He also earned his Juris Doctorate at St. Mary’s University School of Law where he graduated summa cum laude and was a member of the Dean’s List and a Dean’s Law General Scholarship Recipient. During his education, he was also a member of the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society. Louis was a federal judicial clerk for the Honorable Judge Xavier Rodriguez in the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas. While in law school, Louis had the opportunity to study in China and work for one of China’s largest law firms.
Louis’ experience involves complex commercial litigation and includes disputes related to real estate, construction defects, property owners’ association, catastrophic injuries, collections, and contracts. Louis has represented:
- A large condominium association in collections and disputes over its governing documents and operation of the association
- A multifamily apartment complex subcontractor in a construction and design defect dispute;
- A major pipeline company in right of way disputes
- A high end residential home builder in construction defect disputes
- A large national fitness organization in lien and payment disputes with subcontractors
- An oil and gas services company in trade secret and breach of non-competition agreements litigation.
Louis has also assisted with and received favorable results for his clients. Louis has:
- Obtained a favorable arbitration award for developer in a commercial real estate transactional dispute awarding our client all his out of pocket expenses, attorney’s fees, and an order for specific performance
- Obtained a favorable arbitration award for homeowner in construction defect dispute against a builder
- Obtained a summary judgment dismissing all claims against a property owner and property management company in a dispute over a lease, fraud, and DTPA claims
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict recovering damages and attorney’s fees in a dispute with a seller of a home for misrepresentations and fraud
- Obtained favorable defense jury verdict in a personal injury case involving a major convenience store
- Successfully had a motion to transfer venue granted to move case involving catastrophic injuries to a more favorable venue
- Assisted with favorable settlements for his clients in cases involving personal injuries
- Obtained successful tenders of demand for defense and indemnity in various contracts related to oil and gas companies.