Lindsey M. Medina
Lindsey Medina counsels clients ranging from multinational corporations to start-up companies on corporate immigration law, including employment-based temporary visas (B-1, E, F, H, J, L, 0, R, and TN), permanent residency (PERM, I-140, EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, and EB-4), and employment compliance.
Lindsey advises clients across a variety of industries including academic, automotive, engineering, financial services, staffing, technology, and religious institutions. Once a client has identified foreign talent, Lindsey works with her client and the foreign national employee (and their family) to devise a strategy to align with short-term and long-term immigration needs.
Lindsey works with clients to understand their industry, motivation, and business needs to develop policies and practices to secure and retain foreign talent while protecting the US employer from exposure to liability for non-compliance.
Many of Lindsey’s clients maintain alternative working arrangements: teleworking, visiting client locations, and third-party placements. These alternative working arrangements are the way of the future but can present challenges to the non-immigrant and immigrant visa processes. Lindsey has extensive experience in counseling clients in this area and developing best practices to maintain compliance.
State Bar of Michigan
American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Michigan and National Sections
State Bar Licenses
- Medina, Lindsey. “Prepping the TN Client: What to Expect at the Border and How to Interact with CBP Officers.” AILA’s USMCA Toolbox 2022 Edition: Practical guidance for practitioners with Canadian and Mexican clients seeking admission under TN, L, and B categories, edited by Joyce, Daniel P. et al, 2022.
- “Hot Topics in Immigration,” The State Bar of Michigan NEXT Conference, September 28, 2017
- “Immigration Changes and I-9 Updates Under the New Administration,” Clark Hill Labor and Employment Law Conference, May 4, 2017
- “Immigration Changes: New Regulations and Enforcement,” Webinar for the Horton Group’s Clients and Friends, March 3, 2017
Clark Hill Immigration Business Unit Recognition:
- Chambers USA, Immigration (Michigan)(2022)
- Ranked Tier 1 Nationally and Regionally by U.S. News and World Report (2020)
- Ranked Nationally by U.S. News and World Report (2015-Present)
- Corporate LiveWire Global Award Winner for Immigration Law Firm of the Year (2015-2016, 2018)
- Corporate LiveWire International M&A Awards Immigration Law Firm of the Year (2015-2016)
- Rated Nationally by Best Lawyers for Immigration Law in Detroit, Michigan (2017)
- ACQ Law Award Winner Immigration Law Firm of the Year (2017-2018)
- Recognized U.S. Immigration Law Firm of the Year in the ACQ Law Awards (2014-2015, 2017-2018)
- Listed U.S. Regional Immigration Law Firm of the Year in the ACQ Law Awards (2014)
- Recognized by International Who’s Who Legal for Corporate Immigration: Michigan (2011-Present)
- Listed “Who’s Who in the World” by International Who’s Who Legal (2018)
- Lawyers Worldwide Awards Magazine Corporate Immigration Law Firm of the Year USA (2018)
- Named Immigration Law Firm of the Year USA by Finance Monthly Law Awards (2017-2018)
- Named Legal Team of the Year for Corporate Immigration by Lawyerissue (2017)
- Award for Excellence in Immigration Law Michigan by AI Global Immigration & Logistics (2015)
- Named Best Immigration Specialist for Fortune 500 Companies – Michigan and Best International Immigration Team – Michigan by Acquisition International Global Mobility and Immigration Awards (2014)