Lara K. Forde
Lara K. Forde deploys comprehensive solutions to protect clients’ critical assets and defend against emerging cyber threats. Lara brings over twenty years of experience in the legal, consulting and risk management fields.
Prior to joining Clark Hill, Lara held roles as Vice President and Cyber Practice Manager for a consulting firm that delivered pre-breach services to insurance policyholders throughout the United States. Lara has also managed a data breach response team which helped Fortune 500 organizations, governmental entities, healthcare providers and educational institutions successfully respond to high profile data breaches including many of the largest breaches at the time.
Lara is passionate about helping organizations minimize their cyber risks and enjoys designing and facilitating cyber “war games” to prepare response teams to respond efficiently and effectively to a data security incident. Lara is a frequent speaker on data breach preparedness to in-house privacy professionals, risk managers, and cyber insurers at leading industry events. She is also the author of “21st Century Crisis: Preparing for and Responding to the Inevitable Data Breach,” marketed by Advisen Ltd.
Leveraging her pre- and post-breach insight, as well as her consulting and business development experience, Lara is dedicated to ensuring ASSET360 and its elite team of legal and technical professionals deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions to improve clients’ cyber resiliency.
Lara received her Bachelor of Business Administration and Juris Doctor from Baylor University and her Masters in Law from the University of Houston Law Center. Lara is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US).
International Association of Privacy Professionals
Member of InfraGard
State Bar of Texas’ Minority Counsel Program (Steering Committee 2010 – 2011)
State Bar Licenses
Presentations & Publications:
- Presented “Cyber Threat Update – Spotlight on Ransomware,” webinar for in-house risk professionals (2019)
- Panelist for “Cyber Regulatory Update,” Advisen Cyber Conference, San Francisco (2018)
- Panelist for “Cyber Panel: Are You Ready for an Attack?” to over 100 healthcare facilities, MPL Leadership Conference, Nashville (2017)
- Presented on Cyber Risk to over 300 public agency officials, California Joint Powers Insurance Authority’s Annual Educational Forum (2016)
- Presented “Preparing for and Responding to the Inevitable Breach,” webinar for in-house privacy and risk professionals
- Presented “Preparing and Responding to a Data Breach,” a mock ransomware workshop, to over 100 attorneys, PILOTLEGIS Legal Conference, San Francisco (2016)
- Authored “21st Century Crisis: Preparing of and Responding to the Inevitable Data Breach,” marketed by Advisen, Ltd. (2015)
- Presented “Privacy and Data Breach for Lawyers,” webinar for in-house legal, privacy and risk professionals (2015)
- Presented “Data Breach Incident Response Planning: How to Approach and Plan for the Inevitable, Thought Leader Theater, RIMS National Conference, New Orleans (2015)
- Presented “Exercising Your Incident Response Plan,” a two-hour data breach tabletop exercise, RIMS National Conference, New Orleans (2015)
- Presented on best practices for data breach response to over 150 in-house attorneys and executives for F1000 companies (2014)
- Presented two-hour workshop on data breach preparedness and response best practices for RIMS Silicon Valley Chapter (2014)
- Panelist for mock data breach tabletop, Advisen Cyber Risk Conference, Chicago (2014)
- Presented on best practices for health care data breaches to over 100 attendees consisting primarily of Chief Privacy Officers and General Counsel (2014)
- Presented on best practices for higher education data breaches to in-house attorneys and C-suite executives (2014)
- Presented on trends in e-discovery, early case assessment, and recent case law, American Bar Association’s Annual Litigation Summit (2011)
- Presented on legal ethics and compliance challenges, DFW Metroplex Association of Corporate Paralegals and the Dallas Paralegal Excellence CLE Summit (2007)
- Authored “Survey of Texas Insurance Law,” SMU Law Review (2002)