Kevin H. Morse
Kevin H. Morse supports businesses and their owners in a variety of industries afflicted with financial distress through out-of-court restructuring, bankruptcy, and litigation.
Kevin has more than a decade of experience handling insolvency matters nationwide, which include Chapter 11 debtor representation, assignments for the benefit of creditors, fiduciary representations, committee representations, creditors’ rights, and other insolvency issues in a breadth of industries, such as healthcare, food and agriculture, construction, and real estate.
Kevin’s clients include publicly-traded companies, privately held corporations, REITs, start-ups, non-profits, traditional and non-traditional financial entities, and individuals.
Illinois Super Lawyers “Rising Stars,” 2018-2019
Law Bulletin’s Leading Lawyers Division “Emerging Lawyer,” 2015-2019
Co-Chair, NextGen Communication Committee and Member, Chicago Chapter Membership Committee, Turnaround Management Association
The American Lawyers Magazine Young Lawyers Editorial Board, 2018
Next Generation Class for the National Conference Bankruptcy Judges, 2015
Bankruptcy Court Liaison Committee, 2015
State Bar Licenses
- Debtors-in-possession in the Chapter 11 liquidation of one of the largest strawberry growers in the United States, headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the bankruptcy of the seventh largest grocery co-op in the United States, headquartered in Joliet, Illinois, and primary supplier to more than 550 member grocery stores.
- Liquidating trustee in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a 14-store grocery chain in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Debtor-in-possession of a franchisee of a national family restaurant chain in defending against the termination of the franchise agreements and eventual sale of the franchises.
- Debtor-in-possession of a not-for-profit youth hockey club, with more than 20 teams and 200 participants, in its restructuring in the face of more than $20 million in outstanding guaranty liability.
- Defendant in litigation brought by Chapter 7 trustee against the former owners, officers, directors, and affiliates of a national restaurant group.
- Chapter 7 trustee in the bankruptcy filing of the former owners and executives of a failed bank whose demise cost the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.’s insurance fund more than $825 million.
- The board of trustees for a public university against the discharge of unpaid student loans.
- Debtor-in-possession and subsequent plan administrator in the liquidation of an equipment leasing Ponzi-scheme that defrauded more than $250 million from its creditors.