Kevin H. MorseKevin Morse Clark Hill
Kevin H. Morse
Kevin H. Morse is a Member in the Bankruptcy group located in Clark Hill's Chicago office. Kevin has over a decade of experience practicing bankruptcy law. He handles insolvency matters nationwide, which include complex litigation and restructuring issues for a number of companies in a variety of industries, such as banking, healthcare, food and agriculture, construction, and real estate. Kevin’s clients include publicly-traded companies, financial institutions, REITs, start-ups, non-profits, and individuals.
- Debtors-in-possession in the Chapter 11 liquidation of one of the largest strawberry growers in the United States, headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the bankruptcy of the seventh largest grocery co-op in the United States, headquartered in Joliet, Illinois, and primary supplier to more than 550 member grocery stores.
- Liquidating trustee in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a 14-store grocery chain in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Debtor-in-possession of a franchisee of a national family restaurant chain in defending against the termination of the franchise agreements and eventual sale of the franchises.
- Debtor-in-possession of a not-for-profit youth hockey club, with more than 20 teams and 200 participants, in its restructuring in the face of more than $20 million in outstanding guaranty liability.
- Defendant in litigation brought by Chapter 7 trustee against the former owners, officers, directors, and affiliates of a national restaurant group.
- Chapter 7 trustee in the bankruptcy filing of the former owners and executives of a failed bank whose demise cost the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.'s insurance fund more than $825 million.
- The board of trustees for a public university against the discharge of unpaid student loans.
- Debtor-in-possession and subsequent plan administrator in the liquidation of an equipment leasing Ponzi-scheme that defrauded more than $250 million from its creditors.