Karen Kett represents companies on immigration and regulatory compliance issues. She advises clients on all types of temporary work visas including H-1B, L-1, E, and TN.
In addition, Karen provides short-term and long-term planning and assists with employer-sponsored permanent resident (“green card”) applications. Karen helps engineering, technology, manufacturing, automotive, financial, health care, and other industries maintain their workforce. She provides Form I-9 advice and assists with internal and government audits. Karen works to make the complex immigration process clear and efficient.
American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), Michigan & National Sections
State Bar Licenses
- Represents corporate clients in various industries on all types of nonimmigrant and immigrant visa applications and petitions, providing extensive planning and guidance throughout the immigration process.
- Represents staffing, engineering, and information technology companies in H-1B compliance, responses to Requests for Evidence (RFEs), specialized knowledge, and employer/employee relationship issues.
- Leads targeted corporate compliance audits of I-9 processes and procedures as well as visa-specific retention policies for corporate clients throughout the United States including pre and post-audit compliance training; new or revised policy implementation; and on-going compliance counseling.
- Represents employers in Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Form I-9 audits and investigations from initial inspection through the negotiation of reduced fines.
- “I-9 and E-Verify: Everything You Need to Know,” American Society of Employers, August 2021
- “Staffing Companies and US Immigration: I-9s for Offsite Workers, H-1B Sponsorship, and Other Challenges,” Clark Hill Webinar, November 10, 2015.
- “Are you ready for an I-9 Audit or ICE Raid?,” Associated General Contractors of Michigan, July 2015.
- “Effects of Immigration on Business,” Michigan Association of CPAs, Management Information & Business Show, Novi, MI, June 24, 2015.
- “Crushing the Hard LCA Problems into a Pretty Volcanic Sand,” AILA Mid-Year Conference, Maui, Hawaii, January 2015.
- “Hiring: What You Need to Know About Employment Applications, Interviewing & Vetting Candidates and I-9 Compliance,” Clark Hill Webinar, December 2012
- “Are You Ready for an I-9 Audit or an ICE Raid? I-9 Compliance in 2013,” Clark Hill PLC Annual Employment Conference 2013.
- “How to Survive an I-9 Audit/Raid,” Clark Hill Annual Employment Conference, May 2012.
- “I-9 and E-Verify Update,” Clark Hill PLC Annual Employment Conference, April 2009 and May 2010.