Josh Redelman is a trusted employment attorney with clients in the biopharmaceutical, technology, oil and gas, maritime, construction, and healthcare industries. Josh’s experience spans the globe, assisting clients in expanding operations into the United States and advising on issues involving ex-patriate employees in Africa and South America.
Josh is a seasoned advocate whose clients rely on him to litigate complex theft of trade secrets, non-competition, and non-solicitation matters, as well as discrimination, harassment, and retaliation disputes in state and federal court. This includes claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and their state law equivalents.
In addition to his litigation practice, Josh advises startups, private equity firms, HR professionals, and executive teams as they navigate the ever-changing employment law landscape. Josh’s experience includes leading external investigations and assisting with internal investigations into allegations of discrimination and sexual harassment.
Josh also has extensive experience training HR professionals, supervisors, and executives, auditing companies’ HR practices, and drafting independent contractor agreements, severance agreements, and restrictive covenant agreements. In Josh’s experience, discussing an at-risk termination prior to firing the employee is far more beneficial than waiting to address the issue after the employee files a charge of discrimination.
Named Top Lawyer in Houston: Labor and Employment, Management by Houstonia Magazine (2019-2023).
Named among Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters (2019, 2023-2024).
State Bar Licenses
Labor & Employment Litigation
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing Plaintiff’s sex-based hostile work environment and retaliation claim under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (W.D. La.).
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing Plaintiff’s sex-based discrimination claim against local government (Harris County, Texas).
- Successfully resolved gender discrimination matter against restaurant franchise (S.D. of Tex.)
- Successfully resolved hostile work environment claim under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (W.D. of Tex.)
- Secured preliminary injunction for multinational oil and gas company in action against former employee for breach of non-compete and theft of trade secrets (S.D. of Tex.)
- Secured permanent injunction on behalf of multinational storage tank manufacturer in action against former employee for theft of trade secrets (Montgomery County, Texas).
- Secured multiple temporary injunctions for multinational total quality assurance provider against multiple former employees for breach of non-solicitation and theft of trade secrets (Harris County, Texas).
Labor & Employment Training and Counsel
- Advise companies interested in expanding operations into Texas and the United States by performing comparative analysis of employment laws.
- Drafted and reviewed numerous executive employment agreements, employee handbooks, restrictive covenant agreements, severance agreements, and arbitration agreement.
- Conducted training sessions for several clients, including equal opportunity employment / anti-harassment, FLSA compliance, especially regarding misclassification issues.
- Led investigation into claims of racial discrimination for multinational oil and gas service company.
- Led investigation into claims of sexual harassment asserted against executive of multinational energy company.
- Secured H1-B and EB-5 visas for employees of biopharmaceutical startup.