John H. TateJohn Tate Clark Hill
John H. Tate
John H. Tate has over 46 years experience with a practice devoted to insolvency, business reorganization, asset protection strategies, and related areas, including litigation in the bankruptcy court.
He is Board Certified in Business Bankruptcy Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and the American Board of Certification.
- Represented debtors, creditors, and creditor committees (ranging from sole proprietors to major corporations) in all types of bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings.
- Worked with clients acquiring financially troubled businesses, both in and out of bankruptcy cases.
- Successfully reorganized a large grocery store chain.
- Represented major creditors, both secured and unsecured, in significant bankruptcy cases.
- Represented landlords in numerous local and national retail bankruptcy reorganizations.
- Represented Trustees and beneficiaries of Trusts and other charitable institutions in protecting Trust assets from inclusion in bankruptcy estates.
- Represented future claims representatives in mass tort (silica and asbestos) cases.
- Assisted high net worth individuals in asset protection planning strategies