Jin S. Shin
Jin S. Shin counsels and represents clients through all phases of litigation, from demand through trial and appeal, developing legal solutions tailored to client specific goals.
Jin focuses his practice on business litigation matters representing clients ranging from multi-national corporations to individuals in an array of industries. He regularly tackles complex legal issues involving statutory and contractual interpretation, business torts, and shareholder disputes, and assists clients navigate the intricacies of discovery and procedural rules in state and federal courts.
Outside of business litigation matters, Jin brings experience defending financial institutions against individual and class actions involving consumer protection statutes including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Dallas Bar Association
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Dallas Asian American Bar Association
National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
State Bar Licenses
- Obtained favorable jury verdict and award of attorney’s fees for client pursuing a Texas Theft Liability Act action. Successfully defended favorable verdict and post-judgment rulings on appeal.
- Secured reversal of class certification and summary judgment for financial service company through a successful motion for reconsideration on Article III standing grounds.
- Obtained dismissal and affirmance of a putative class action for financial service company against FDCPA claims involving the interpretation of a validation letter. Selected as the second most influential ruling of 2020 for the accounts receivable management industry. https://online.collector.com/pubs/collector/2020/Dec/live/
- Secured affirmance of summary judgment for global human resource consulting firm on negligence and DTPA claims in connection with employee-placement.
- Defended financial service clients against individual and class actions involving various federal and state consumer protection statutes including FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA, EFTA, RICO, TDCA, RFDCPA.
*Experience completed prior to joining Clark Hill