Jin S. Shin
Jin S. Shin counsels and represents employers in a broad range of employment matters, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wage and hour disputes.
Jin dedicates a significant portion of his practice to advocating and defending employers, ranging from multi-national corporations to individuals in an array of industries, before state and federal courts and governmental agencies. He regularly tackles individual and class claims arising from statutes such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Outside of employment law matters, Jin has extensive experience in other litigation matters involving statutory and contractual interpretations, business torts, shareholder disputes, and defense against consumer law individual and class actions.
Collin County Bar Association
Dallas Bar Association
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Dallas Asian American Bar Association
National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
State Bar Licenses
- Obtained favorable jury verdict and award of attorney’s fees for client pursuing a Texas Theft Liability Act action. Successfully defended favorable verdict and post-judgment rulings on appeal.
- Secured reversal of class certification and summary judgment for financial service company through a successful motion for reconsideration on Article III standing grounds.
- Obtained dismissal and affirmance of a putative class action for financial service company against FDCPA claims involving the interpretation of a validation letter. Selected as the second most influential ruling of 2020 for the accounts receivable management industry. https://online.collector.com/pubs/collector/2020/Dec/live/
- Secured affirmance of summary judgment for global human resource consulting firm on negligence and DTPA claims in connection with employee-placement.
- Defended financial service clients against individual and class actions involving various federal and state consumer protection statutes including FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA, EFTA, RICO, TDCA, RFDCPA.
*Experience completed prior to joining Clark Hill