Jerri A. RyanJerri Ryan Clark Hill
Jerri A. Ryan
Jerri A. Ryan co-chairs the Firm’s Litigation Practice Group. Jerri was named one of the Best Lawyers in America, one of the Top 50 Super Lawyers in Pittsburgh and one of the Top 50 Women Super Lawyers in Pennsylvania. Jerri has represented clients in a wide variety of litigation and appellate matters in federal and state courts in Pennsylvania and California, including matters involving contractual and commercial disputes, partnership and corporate officer and director disputes (including those involving asset and stock purchase agreements), mineral and gas right disputes, trust and estate law issues, liquor license law, breaches of non-competition agreements and injunctive relief.
She practices in the area of corporate and commercial litigation and is admitted to practice before the courts of Pennsylvania, California and the United States District Courts for the Western District of Pennsylvania, the Southern District of California and the Central District of California, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Jerri is a member of the firm's E-Discovery and Records Management Committee and has advised clients and given numerous presentations on issues surrounding electronically-stored information, as well as written on the subject.
Jerri is a member of the Executive Committee of Junior Achievement of Western Pennsylvania, Inc. Jerri began her legal career with Clark Hill Thorp Reed in 1997 and was with the firm through 1998. Following several years of practicing in San Diego, California and living abroad in Japan, Jerri rejoined the firm in 2005.
Jerri was selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers-Rising Stars Edition, 2010, 2011 and 2012, and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Co-author of a chapter entitled “Admissibility of Electronically Stored Information” in eDiscovery, 3rd Edition, published by PBI Press, 2014 and 4th Edition, 2017.
- Co-author of a chapter entitled “Admissibility of Electronically Stored Information” in eDiscovery published by PBI Press, 2008, updated 2011.
- Speaker, “Expert Opinions in Environmental Litigation: A Daubert Update,” Energy & Mineral Law Foundation Annual Institute, Amelia Island, Florida, May 2010.
- “Pennsylvania Supreme Court Upholds Validity of Gas Leases Permitting Deduction of Post-Production Costs when Calculating Royalties,” Communiqué, March 2010.
- “Making Heads or Tails of Oil and Gas Instruments,” Communiqué, December 2009.
- Presenter, "Litigation Holds: Understanding the Duty to Preserve Electronic Records," Thorp Reed & Armstrong Webcast, February 24, 2009.
- "California Courts Will Not Enforce Waiver of Right to Jury Trial Obtained Pre-Litigation," Communiqué, January 2006.
- Co-author of an article entitled "Expert Opinions in Environmental Litigation: A Daubert Update," (published by the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation).
- Various client and in-house presentations on E-Discovery, litigation holds, and the Rules of Civil Procedure and security issues pertaining to electronically-stored information.