Jennifer FayJennifer Fay Clark Hill
Jennifer Fay is a Partner in the Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy practice in the Dublin office.
Jennifer specialises in personal insolvency advising both the Official Assignee in Bankruptcy and private clients. She also advises liquidators, receivers, examiners, directors and shareholders in respect of corporate restructuring and insolvency.
Jennifer graduated from University College Dublin with a Bachelor of Business and Legal Studies (BBLS) in 1997 and a Commercial Law LLM Masters degree from the same university in 1998. Jennifer is a member of the following professional organisations: Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners, Law Society of Ireland, Dublin Solicitors Bar Association, UCD Alumni and Dublin Chamber of Commerce.
Personal Insolvency and Bankruptcy:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in advising private clients on personal debt and restructuring options;
- Liaising with financial institutions and Personal Insolvency Practitioners on behalf of Clients with a view to facilitating consensual restructuring of debts;
- Advising Clients in relation to various insolvency processes such as Personal Insolvency Arrangements, Debt Settlement Arrangements and Bankruptcy;
- Comprehensive experience in advising the Official Assignee in Bankruptcy in relation to all post-bankruptcy matters with particular focus on bankruptcy extension applications and asset recovery litigation to include cross border asset transfers and obtaining Mareva Injunctions to prevent dissipation of potential assets.
Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency:
Wide experience in advising Insolvency Practitioners in respect of all aspects of Liquidations, Receiverships and Examinerships with a particular focus on:
- The validity of Deeds of Appointment;
- The Statutory duties, obligations and powers of the Liquidator, Receiver or Examiner;
- Advising Insolvency Practitioners in relation to the restructuring, acquisition and/or disposal of assets;
- Advising Insolvency Practitioners in relation to various litigation matters such as Restriction and Disqualification Applications, Fraudulent and Reckless Trading Applications and Applications in respect of Asset Transfers;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in advising directors of Insolvent or distressed companies as to their statutory duties and responsibilities.
- Extensive experience in dealing with High Court litigation particularly within the Commercial Court, Examiners Court and Bankruptcy Court;
- Advising clients, both Plaintiff and Defendant in respect of contractual disputes/investment disputes/debt-related disputes and Guarantees.