James-Paul GalliganJames-Paul Galligan Clark Hill
James-Paul Galligan specialises in advising clients on a wide range of domestic and international corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings. James-Paul also advises many French companies doing business in and through Ireland.
James-Paul also specialises in providing advices on entering regulated markets and in particular financial markets regulated by the Central Bank. He provides advices on corporate governance, regulatory compliance and post Brexit planning. James-Paul has considerable experience in advising clients in the Fintech and Regtech sector and guiding companies in their applications for entry into Irish regulated markets.
James-Paul has a wealth of experience in advising clients on management buy outs and management buy in both domestically and in cross border transactions. James-Paul as advised on clients on such transactions in the financial services, energy and pharmaceutical sectors.
James-Paul graduated from Trinity College Dublin with a Bachelor of Law degree in 1994. He is a fluent French speaker and an active member of the Chambre De Commerce et D’Industrie Franco-Irlandaise/Ireland France Chamber of Commerce and the Franco-Irish Lawyers Association. In January 2014 James-Paul was admitted to the roll of solicitors of the Senior Courts of England and Wales and is also a Registered Lawyer with the English Football Association. James-Paul is also an active member of the Institute of Directors and a number of international chambers of commerce.
Professional Experience Includes:
- Advising shareholders and directors in private company management buy-outs
- Advising several companies on Enterprise Ireland investment funding and grant aid, including preference share subscriptions
- Advising on specialised commercial agreements such as share sale and purchase agreements, subscription agreements, shareholder agreements and has particular expertise in agreements tailored to international corporate structures
- High Court commercial litigation work including advising banks on recovery strategies around valuer and solicitor professional indemnity litigation
- Advising on post Brexit contingency planning for regulated entities with a particular emphasis on entering the Irish Financial Services Market and post Brexit corporate structuring