James H. WebsterJames Webster Clark Hill
James H. Webster
James H. Webster represents lenders, governmental entities, and authorities in general obligation and revenue financings.
Jim has represented the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, counties, school districts, municipalities, authorities, and industrial development authorities in public finance transactions for more than 40 years. His experience includes general obligation and authority revenue financings and industrial development revenue bond financings.
Jim counsels lenders, issuers, and borrowers in determining whether a project is suitable for tax-exempt financing and provides advice as to the structure of a transaction to meet regulatory requirements. Having viewed transactions from the perspective of the lender, the borrower, and the authority/issuer, Jim is well-qualified to provide guidance to see the transaction to a successful closing.
Jim works with the Local Government Unit Debt Act, the Municipality Authorities Act, and the Economic Development Financing Law and knows how those laws affect current market transactions. Jim has negotiated many transactions through the complex and nuanced regulations affecting industrial and commercial development revenue note financings to a successful tax-exempt financing.
- Served as bond counsel in financings for vocational-technical schools and community colleges, and revenue obligations for operating and finance authorities.
- Represented lenders and issuers in numerous financings for the acquisition and expansion of manufacturing facilities throughout Western Pennsylvania, providing tax-exempt financing pursuant as qualified small issue bonds under the Internal Revenue Code.
- Served as bond counsel in many transactions providing facilities for educational and cultural institutions and social services agencies, including an energy-efficient incubator facility, a blood donor center, senior housing, classroom facilities for disadvantaged youth, and daycare facilities for frail older adults.
- Served as co-bond counsel in several bond issues, both senior and subordinated debt, of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission.
- Served as bond counsel for the construction of county, municipal, and school district facilities, including a county-wide, state-of-the-art emergency response 911 center, a county-wide infrastructure and network-supporting public safety /911 communications needs, and the financing of new senior high schools in Western Pennsylvania.