Gavin P. Williams
Gavin Williams represents lenders, borrowers, developers, and financial institutions in commercial real estate finance transactions.
He advises clients in a wide variety of financing scenarios, including construction loans, refinance loans, and development loans. He is experienced in both single lender and syndicated loan transactions.
Clients seek his help in drafting and negotiating term sheets, commitment letters, and loan documentation, as well as other specific real estate and construction documents and diligence, including title matters. Gavin also counsels lenders and borrowers through transactions with complex financial structures, including subordinated debt financing and intercreditor issues.
Gavin is dedicated to meeting his client’s goals and expectations in the most effective and efficient manner possible through responsiveness, practical communication, and a strict attention to detail. He combines technical skill and knowledge gained through many years of practice with a strong understanding of the current real estate finance market. His primary priority is consummating a transaction while protecting and promoting the interests of each client.
Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, 2016 and 2017
Upper St. Clair High School, Varsity Basketball Coach Assistant
State Bar Licenses
- Represented the agent bank in a $60 million real estate construction loan for a project that included office space, retail space, a full-service hotel, and an on-site parking garage. The capital stack for the project was complex, consisting of: the agent’s loan, an $11 million second mortgage, two New Market Tax Credit loans, a tax incentive financing loan, an urban redevelopment authority loan, and an intercreditor agreement.
- Represented the agent bank in a $106 million real estate construction loan for a project that included a mixed-use retail and office space and two parking structures which included a subordinated loan with the East Liberty Transit Revitalization Investment District Revitalization Authority.
- Represented the agent bank in a $50 million real estate construction loan with an urban redevelopment authority second mortgage loan and an intercreditor agreement; the project consisted of luxury apartments, ground floor retail space, and an on-site parking garage.
- Represented the agent bank in a $49 million real estate construction loan for a retail shopping center.
- Represented the bank in a $30 million real estate construction loan for a hotel and related improvements which included an EB-5 loan and a loan under the Property Assessed Clean Energy program with a complex intercreditor agreement.
- Represented the bank in a $29 million real estate construction loan for student apartments at a major university.
- Represented the bank in a $32 million real estate construction loan for a big box retail shopping center.
- “Liability Issues for the Team Physician and Health Care Provider,” College Athletic Trainers Society (CATS) 2005 Spring Symposium
- “Sexual Harassment in the Context of Athletics,” College Athletic Trainers Society (CATS) 2004 Annual Meeting