Emory Allen represents clients in litigation and contract matters with an emphasis on surety, construction, and contract claims. His experience includes litigation of commercial lawsuits, negotiation of complex contracts, and creditors’ representation in bankruptcy.
Emory assists clients in commercial litigation matters with an emphasis on surety, construction, and contract claims. He represents sureties, contractors, and other construction and business clients in the investigation and litigation of commercial lawsuits including surety, contract, lien, fraud, and related claims. Emory also has extensive experience representing both companies and individuals in contract development and negotiations. Emory has worked extensively in and is licensed in the State Courts of Texas, Alabama, and Colorado, as well as several related U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts, and has assisted his clients in several other states and jurisdictions.
Emory works with surety companies to resolve complex issues related to construction contracts and bonds from the initial investigation of claims up to and through the negotiation of surety agreements including takeover, tender, and financing agreements. He also assists his clients in litigation including, but not limited to, bond and contract claims, subrogation claims, indemnification claims, and creditors’ bankruptcy claims.
In addition to his surety practice, Emory also represents both businesses and individuals in various construction and business contract and litigation matters. He regularly assists his construction and business clients in contract development and negotiation, mechanic’s liens, and litigation involving contract, real property, and other commercial disputes. Through his dedicated work, Emory has successfully obtained multiple favorable settlements and judgments on his clients’ behalf.
Due to his commitment, Emory has earned the designation as one of Colorado’s Rising Stars in Business Litigation by Super Lawyers Magazine and recently was recognized as one of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in its inaugural listing.
Named among Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters (2018, 2021)
Named among Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Litigation by Best Lawyers (2021)
State Bar Licenses
- Represented higher education institution in prosecution of contract and business tort claims and successful defense of counterclaims before a jury in United States District Court. Served as second chair.
- Represented higher education institution as second chair trial attorney in prosecution of contract and business tort claims and successful defense of counterclaims before a jury in United States District Court.
- Obtained favorable judgment in favor of client in breach of contract claims by subcontractor arising out of commercial construction project in bench trial. Served as second chair.
- Represented contractor as first chair trial attorney in breach of contract and trust fund claims in bench trial.
- Represented contractor as first chair trial attorney in breach of contract regarding non-payment issue in bench trial.
- Negotiated takeover, tender, and completion agreements for construction projects in which contractors defaulted on performance bonds.
- Litigated and negotiated settlement of payment bond claims and lien claims.
- Agency and the Surety, Gulfcoast Fidelity & Surety Institute Annual Meeting (May 2019)