Emory AllenEmory Allen Clark Hill
Emory Allen is an experienced attorney focused on the representation of clients in litigation matters with an emphasis on fidelity, surety, construction, and contract claims. His experience includes litigation of commercial lawsuits including contract, fraud, lien, and surety claims. Emory also has extensive experience representing both companies and individuals in contract development and negotiations. He is licensed in the State Courts of Alabama, Colorado, and Texas, as well as several related U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts.
Prior to joining Clark Hill Strasburger, Emory worked for a business law firm in Colorado Springs earning a distinction as a Super Lawyer Rising Star in Business Litigation. While there, Emory represented both business and individuals in various construction and business litigation matters and successfully obtained multiple favorable settlements and judgements on behalf of his clients. Since joining Clark Hill Strasburger, Emory has continued his practice in all areas in addition to working with surety companies to resolve complex issues related to construction contracts and bonds including investigation of claims, negotiation of takeover and tender agreements, subrogation claims, and indemnification claims. Due to his dedicated work, Emory was recently recognized as one of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch.
In his free time, Emory can likely be found outside with his wife, Cara, and their bird dogs. Emory is an avid runner, hiker, fisherman, hunter, and otherwise appreciator of nature.
- Represented higher education institution in prosecution of contract and business tort claims and successful defense of counterclaims before a jury in United States District Court. Served as second chair.
- Represented higher education institution as second chair trial attorney in prosecution of contract and business tort claims and successful defense of counterclaims before a jury in United States District Court.
- Obtained favorable judgment in favor of client in breach of contract claims by subcontractor arising out of commercial construction project in bench trial. Served as second chair.
- Represented contractor as first chair trial attorney in breach of contract and trust fund claims in bench trial.
- Represented contractor as first chair trial attorney in breach of contract regarding non-payment issue in bench trial.
- Negotiated takeover, tender, and completion agreements for construction projects in which contractors defaulted on performance bonds.
- Litigated and negotiated settlement of payment bond claims and lien claims.
Agency and the Surety, Gulfcoast Fidelity & Surety Institute Annual Meeting (May 2019)