Edward JohnstonEdward Johnston Clark Hill
Edward Johnston is a member of the firm’s corporate, commercial and property departments. His practice focuses on corporate and commercial law services to Irish companies and businesses, with particular emphasis on corporate restructurings, reorganisations, investments and mergers and acquisitions. Edward has also in the past advised Irish public companies on flotations and on admission to the AIM, IEX and other markets.
Edward is also experienced in the advising on commercial agreements and general corporate law matters and has gained extensive expertise in Irish and foreign property syndications for Irish investor groups.
Edward graduated from University College Dublin with a Bachelor of Civil Law degree in 1998 and a Commercial Law LLM masters degree from the same university in 1999. Edward was formerly a Partner in a large Dublin based commercial law firm prior to establishing Galligan Johnston Solicitors with James-Paul Galligan in March 2010. He is also a member of the following professional organisations: Mayo-Dublin Association, Dublin Chamber of Commerce, Dublin Solicitors Bar Association, Law Society of Ireland, UCD Alumni.
Professional Experience Includes:
- Advising purchasers and vendors on corporate acquisitions, disposals and in general mergers and acquisitions transactional work
- Advising shareholders and directors on internal group corporate reorganisations, share buy-backs and shareholders arrangements and agreements
- Advising several companies on Enterprise Ireland investment funding and grant aid, including preference share subscriptions
- Advising companies and other parties in petitioning the High Court in Examinership Applications
- Advising company directors on insolvency obligations and members voluntary liquidations (CVLs)
- Convening and conducting Creditors Meetings for CVLs
- Advising Landlords and Tenants on commercial leasing matters
- Advising AIM listed Irish companies on their compliance obligations
- High Court commercial litigation defence work