Donald L. Ridge
Donald Ridge focuses his representation on international businesses and biotech, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies in addition to mass tort and class actions.
Don maintains relationships in more than 52 countries in many different industries and sectors. Those relationships involve US businesses seeking a broad range of business and legal assistance in foreign jurisdictions as well as foreign businesses seeking assistance in the United States.
Don’s pharmaceutical experience includes products for the treatment of conditions involving the cardiovascular system, mental health, blood, oncology, the endocrine system, infections, and orthopedics, and other medical products such as surgical tools, wheelchairs and defibrillators in matters alleging injuries from allergies to dermatological conditions to cardiovascular disorders to nervous system disorders. He routinely counsels these clients on litigation avoidance in many different areas, including clinical trials, sales representative practices and warnings.
Don has also represented clients on other product liability matters concerning such products as household goods, food, automobiles and automobile parts, manufacturing machinery, chemicals and solvents.
Don’s complex commercial litigation experience ranges from contractual disputes to commercial fraud. He also has experience in copyright, trademark and other intellectual property matters.
Don is the Member-in-Charge of Clark Hill’s Los Angeles office.
- Presenter, “Handling and co-ordinating claims in the US,” presented to Kennedys, October 5, 2016
- “US Courts & Recent Trends,” in-house presentation to an insurance company in Zurich, Switzerland, 2012
- Quoted in “Firm Maximizes International Relations” by Susan McRae, Los Angeles Daily Journal, January 4, 2011
- Speaker, Hildebrandt Institute 8th Annual Practice Group Management Forum: New Models for Success, 2010
- “Cross the Pond Without Drowning – How to Staff & Conduct Global Clinical Trials,” Food, Drug & Healthcare MCLE Event, 2010
- “Legal Issues Relating to Sales Force,” 2005
For fourteen years (2004, 2006-2018) Donald Ridge has been named a Southern California Super Lawyer in a survey distributed by Thomson Reuters, a distinction honoring the top 5% of lawyers in the region
Defense Research Institute, Drug and Medical Device Subcommittee
American Bar Association
Los Angeles County Bar Association