Crane M. Pomerantz
Crane Pomerantz is one of the leading white collar criminal defense and complex business litigation attorneys in Las Vegas. A former federal prosecutor, he is particularly adept in the courtroom and has established a reputation as a ﬁerce and respected advocate. In the courtroom, Crane is acutely aware of the role empathy plays when trying to persuade a judge or jury and prides himself on his communication skills.
During his fourteen-year tenure in the United States Attorney’s Ofﬁce for the District of Nevada, Crane served as Chief of the White Collar unit and was also the Criminal Health Care Fraud Coordinator, during which he established a core competence in health care fraud. He successfully prosecuted a number of complex and high proﬁle cases as lead trial counsel and earned a number of awards from the Department of Justice and the prosecuting agencies with which he worked. Prior to his tenure as a federal prosecutor, Crane worked in a pair of Washington, D.C. law ﬁrms and began his career in 1995 at a litigation boutique law ﬁrm in Boston.
Since returning to private practice in 2016, Crane’s practice has focused on complex criminal, civil, and administrative matters.
A signiﬁcant portion of Crane’s practice focuses on healthcare fraud and abuse matters, including criminal defense, civil litigation, regulatory and transactional work. Crane has represented qui tam relators and defended health care providers in federal False Claims Act litigation. He has also developed a niche practice representing health care providers and other professionals in front of licensing boards, including the Nevada States Board of Medical Examiners, the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy, and the Cannabis Compliance Board. He prides himself on developing relationships with the regulators who police his clients’ businesses.
State Bar Licenses
Among the representative matters on which Crane has worked are the following:
- Representation of the Board of Directors of a publicly-traded casino relating to potential criminal allegations against its CEO;
- Representation of a prominent automobile manufacturer and its CEO in a whistleblower complaint by a former employee;
- Representation of successful land and business developers in a dispute with their partners over the sale of well-known Las Vegas retail and business complex;
- Representation of the CEO of a regional laboratory in a criminal and civil investigation into its billing practices;
- Representation of an engineer accused of stealing trade secrets from a federal defense contractor;
- Representation of a defendant accused of conspiring with participants on the “dark web”; and
- Representation of a successful medical device distributor in a business dispute with a competitor.