Betsy Kamin advises and represents clients in complex civil litigation and arbitration around the country.
Betsy has been trying and arbitrating commercial and serious injury/death cases for more than 30 years. Clients in the manufacturing, construction, technology, marine, and retail industries routinely seek her counsel and experience in resolving a wide variety of disputes.
Betsy currently serves as Member-In-Charge of the firm’s Houston office. Betsy serves as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. She is also a Co-Chair of Clark Hill BOLD, the firm’s strategy to promote women within the firm, the legal profession, and the global community.
Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubble
Named among The Best Lawyers in America® – Commercial Litigation by Best Lawyers (2016-2023)
Named Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters (2006-2011)
Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
American Board of Trial Advocates, Advocate
Susan G. Komen for the Cure – Houston, President, Board Member (2006-present), Komen Houston Race for the Cure, Chair (2015)
Girl Scouts San Jacinto Council, Member, Board of Directors, (1999-2008; 2010-present)
American Leadership Forum, Class XXIV, Fellow
State Bar Licenses
- Successful defense of industrial gas and safety supply company in a multi-week jury trial in Ascension Parish, Louisiana (2017).
- Defense verdict in suit involving tractor trailer accident in Orlando County, FL (2015).
- Defense verdict in products liability action in Federal district court, Southern District of Texas, Galveston Division (2014).
- Defense of Fortune 500 marine company in multi-week construction arbitration (2014).
- Defense verdict in trial of complex commercial case in Aransas County, TX (2013).
- Directed verdict for defendant in products liability case in Palm Beach County, FL (2012).
- Unanimous jury verdict in serious injury claim in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Lufkin Division (2010).
- Successful defense of Fortune 500 manufacturing conglomerate in products liability claim in Federal court in Dallas, TX.
- Successful defense of international cotton seed company in fraud and DTPA action in West Texas.
- Over 20 arbitrations involving commercial and construction disputes tried to various tribunals including American Arbitration Association and State agencies.
- Defense of international valve company in fraud and DTPA action by former distributor seeking over $50M in damages. Upon appeal of adverse jury verdict, First Court of Appeals reversed and rendered.
- Unanimous jury verdict in defense of 200-plaintiff action claiming occupational exposure to chlorinated solvents. Selected by The National Law Journal as one of the most significant defense verdicts of 1992.
- Successful defense in trial involving claims of 200+ plaintiffs alleging residential exposure to chemicals.