Betsy Kamin tries and arbitrates commercial cases and serious injury or death cases for clients in the automotive, manufacturing, and retail industries.
Betsy has been trying and arbitrating commercial and serious injury/death cases for over 30 years. Clients in the manufacturing and retail industries routinely seek her counsel and experience in resolving a wide variety of disputes.
Betsy currently serves as Member-In-Charge of the firm’s Houston office. Betsy serves as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. She is also a Co-Chair of Clark Hill BOLD, the firm’s strategy to promote women within the firm, the legal profession, and the global community.
Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubble
Named among The Best Lawyers in America – Commercial Litigation by Best Lawyers (2016-2021)
Named Texas Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters (2006-2011)
Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
American Board of Trial Advocates, Advocate
Susan G. Komen for the Cure – Houston, President, Board Member (2006-present), Komen Houston Race for the Cure, Chair (2015)
Girl Scouts San Jacinto Council, Member, Board of Directors, (1999-2008; 2010-present)
American Leadership Forum, Class XXIV, Fellow
State Bar Licenses
- Successful defense of industrial gas and safety supply company in a multi-week jury trial in Ascension Parish, Louisiana (2017).
- Defense verdict in suit involving tractor trailer accident in Orlando County, FL (2015).
- Defense verdict in products liability action in Federal district court, Southern District of Texas, Galveston Division (2014).
- Defense of Fortune 500 marine company in multi-week construction arbitration (2014).
- Defense verdict in trial of complex commercial case in Aransas County, TX (2013).
- Directed verdict for defendant in products liability case in Palm Beach County, FL (2012).
- Unanimous jury verdict in serious injury claim in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Lufkin Division (2010).
- Successful defense of Fortune 500 manufacturing conglomerate in products liability claim in Federal court in Dallas, TX.
- Successful defense of international cotton seed company in fraud and DTPA action in West Texas.
- Over 20 arbitrations involving commercial and construction disputes tried to various tribunals including American Arbitration Association and State agencies.
- Defense of international valve company in fraud and DTPA action by former distributor seeking over $50M in damages. Upon appeal of adverse jury verdict, First Court of Appeals reversed and rendered.
- Unanimous jury verdict in defense of 200-plaintiff action claiming occupational exposure to chlorinated solvents. Selected by The National Law Journal as one of the most significant defense verdicts of 1992.
- Successful defense in trial involving claims of 200+ plaintiffs alleging residential exposure to chemicals.