Ana Watson represents foreign and domestic insurers and reinsurers with respect to their North American professional liability and general liability exposures.
She is one of three partners who oversee a team that provides pre-underwriting claims reviews and conducts risk assessments on many of the most prestigious healthcare systems across the U.S. Ana manages claims portfolios on behalf of insurers and works with insureds and local counsel to develop novel defense strategies. In addition, she has successfully resolved high exposure complex healthcare-related claims in the worst venues nationwide.
While the team’s practice includes a large healthcare book, Ana also provides review and claims management services in other lines, including workers’ compensation, general liability, trucking, social services and home warranty risks. She also assists carriers with policy drafting and provides counsel regarding the applicability of coverage.
Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
Defense Research Institute
Professional Liability Underwriting Society
Chicago Bar Association
Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
State Bar Licenses
Presentations & Publications
- Presenter, “Pediatric Malpractice Litigation Trends,” Children’s Health Affinity Group, American Health Lawyers Association, December 2018
- Panelist, “Birth Injury Claims: How to Effectively Evaluate, Defend and Resolve these Catastrophic Claims,” CLM Medical Legal Summit, June 2015
- Panelist, “Culture, Cost and Consequences: The Real Impact of Claims and Risk Management on Health Care Providers,” Crittenden Medical Insurance Conference, San Diego, CA 2014
- Presenter, “Claim Trends & Legal Developments in U.S. Healthcare 2014,” Lloyds Reinsurance Group, London, 2014
- Panelist, “Batch Coverage: The Importance of Open Dialogue Between the Insured and Insurer,” ASHRM, Anaheim, CA, 2014
- Co-presenter, “Healthcare 2010: Year in Transition,” Bermuda Society for Healthcare Risk Management, Hamilton, Bermuda, April, 2010