Member in Charge: John Rogers
We provide clients with the benefit of coordinated services on cross-border matters involving Mexico and the U.S. in collaboration with Mexican law firm PBP Abogados, S.C. (PBP).
- Clark Hill & PBP, S.C., a Mexican firm that provides services through attorneys admitted to practice Mexican law
- Palafox Barrita & Pérez Ortega PLLC, a U.S. firm that provides services through attorneys admitted to practice law in Texas, New York, and other States of the U.S.
Together, the Clark Hill/PBP firms advise clients on:
- how to conduct business in either country;
- how to protect assets located in and businesses operating in either country;
- investment-based and corporate immigration matters, including compliance issues;
- the security of assets and investments;
- the intricate nature of impact investing, cross-border lending (both secured and unsecured), and other financial transactions;
- tax strategies and compliance with tax laws, including the U.S. Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA);
- trade compliance, transportation, and logistics when importing/exporting goods internationally;
- how to comply with both the Global Anti-Corruption Law and the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practice Act; and
- dispute resolution, including enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards.
The Clark Hill/PBP firms include attorneys in the International team of Strasburger and the attorneys of PBP with substantial international experience in:
- forming new enterprises (ranging from startups to subsidiaries), joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, dispositions of assets, financing transactions, capitalization (including private placements of securities and corporate governance);
- emerging markets finance, including infrastructure, water, power, oil and gas, renewable energy, mining and roads;
- the development of new financing and investment vehicles for borrowers, banks, investors, and investment recipients initiating or expanding operations;
- U.S. immigration matters, including investment-based immigration, as well as immigration compliance and long-term immigration strategies;
- international trade compliance, including NAFTA, valuation and classification, resolving customs penalties, obtaining CTPAT enrollment and verification, commodity classification, licensing, record-keeping and recording requirements;
- negotiating and drafting complex nationwide and international logistics and supply chain management contracts;
- emerging issues related to crowdfunding, including regulation of issuers and portals, reporting obligations, and ongoing regulatory developments; and
- areas related to commercial contracts, franchising, distribution, and information technology issues.
The Clark Hill/PBP firms collaborate with our clients to gain a comprehensive understanding of their immediate and long-term business goals. We provide practical legal advice that helps our clients achieve those goals and protect their business interests.
Clark Hill PLC, PBP Abogados, S.C., Clark Hill & PBP, S.C., and Palafox Barrita & Pérez Ortega PLLC (Law Firms) are separately organized under the laws of their respective jurisdictions. The Law Firms are legally separate and independently operated entities. None of the Law Firms can obligate any other. Each of the Law Firms is liable only for its own acts and omissions, and not those of any other. Clark Hill PLC disclaims any liability or responsibility for the acts or omissions of the other firms.