Tea & Tidbits: Benefits Strategies for Small Employers
Join us as we spill the tea on the latest employment issues. For 30 minutes each month, the most relevant issues facing the world of employment will be raised, and legal, HR, and benefits perspectives on the issue will be discussed.
June’s discussion will center around benefit strategies for start-ups or employers who are small and aren’t sure if they can offer benefits at all.
Topics discussed will include:
- Is there a minimum number of employees to get group rates?
- Should more than one medical plan be offered?
- How much should the employer contribute versus the employee?
- Should an employer offer medical only or always include dental and vision?
- Can an employer offer a stipend instead?
- Are voluntary employee benefits a viable option?
PFAS Restrictions: What Should You Be Doing?Explore more
Window on Washington – September 27, 2021, Vol. 5, Issue 39
Outlook for this week in the nation’s capital.
New Department of Labor Rule Exposes Employers to Civil Penalties for Pocketing Workers’ Tips
Under the finalized rule, employers face a fine of up to $1,100 per violation, in addition to remaining liable to workers for the amount withheld.