Advised an Arizona commercial growing facility and associated dispensary on the dispensary certificate application process, various corporate transactions, regulatory compliance, litigation, and Department of Health Services matters.
Sean M. CarrollSean Carroll Clark Hill
Sean M. Carroll
Sean M. Carroll is a Member in Clark Hill’s Phoenix office. A fourth generation native-Arizonan and Phoenician, Sean has a national practice representing businesses and individuals in the hospitality, agriculture, real estate, insurance, and health care industries. Sean’s focus is on litigating complex business disputes and serving as a staunch advocate in state, federal, and administrative courts. His passion is serving as the trusted advisor and day-to-day legal liaison for his clients.
Clients regularly contact Sean to serve as their single-point of contact or “quarterback” for all of their legal needs across the Firm’s vast resources, including employment, intellectual property, regulatory, transaction, securities, mergers and acquisitions, estate and business succession planning, and immigration law. In his capacity as their outside general counsel, Sean’s clients consider him a core part of their team. Because of his pragmatic approach to resolving problems and client accessibility, Sean’s very first clients are among those that he serves to this very day.
Sean has been selected as a SuperLawyers Rising Star in Business Law each year since 2013. He has served as a regular legal panelist on local radio stations, providing legal commentary and insight on current affairs. He is active in the Phoenix community, having participated in a number of charitable organizations such as PANDA and the Humane Society. When not at work for his clients, you can find Sean enjoying his spare time with his family or at the Paradise Valley Country Club, where he is a Junior Member. Prior to joining Clark Hill, Sean was at an AmLaw 200 firm.
Representative clients include:
- The largest melon producer in the United States and largest agriculture producer in the State of Arizona;
- One of Arizona’s premiere hospitality groups, which owns and/or operates more than eight bars and restaurants, and holds a license agreement with a world-famous musician;
- An owner and operator of 30 independently owned, nationally branded hotels;
- One of the largest frozen dessert manufacturing and co-packing companies in the world;
- An international real estate hotel and finance company with experience in EB-5 development properties;
- A cutting edge value-based health care consulting and solutions company;
- Commercial cannabis growing and distribution facilities in the space of legal medical marijuana; and
- Internationally-rated boutique hotel properties and hoteliers.
Ryan Lorenz and Sean Carroll were successful in obtaining a reversal of a $12 million verdict against their client, Sherry Petta, in a published opinion of the Arizona Court of Appeals. Desert Palm Surgical Group PLC v. Petta, 236 Ariz. 568, 343 P.3d 438 (App. 2015). On July 30, 2015, the Arizona Supreme Court denied the Carlottis’ petition for review, thereby ending the appeal in Ms. Petta’s favor.