Advised an Arizona commercial growing facility and associated dispensary on the dispensary certificate application process, various corporate transactions, regulatory compliance, litigation, and Department of Health Services matters.
Sean M. CarrollSean Carroll Clark Hill
Sean M. Carroll
Sean M. Carroll is a Member in Clark Hill’s Phoenix office. A fourth generation native-Arizonan and Phoenician, Sean maintains an international business and litigation practice spanning businesses and individuals in the hospitality, agriculture, real estate, insurance, and health care industries. Sean’s focus is on litigating complex business disputes in state, federal, and administrative courts.
Sean’s passion is acting as outsourced general counsel and managing day-to-day legal affairs for businesses or working hand in hand with in-house counsel to accomplish client objectives. Clients regularly contact Sean as their trusted advisor and single-point of contact or “quarterback” for all of their legal needs across Clark Hill’s vast resources, including employment, intellectual property, regulatory, transaction, securities, mergers and acquisitions, estate and business succession planning, and immigration law. Sean’s clients consider him a core part of their team. Because of his pragmatic approach to resolving problems and client accessibility, Sean’s very first clients are among those that he serves today.
Sean has been selected as a SuperLawyers Rising Star in Business Law each year since 2015. He has served as a regular legal panelist on local radio stations, providing legal commentary and insight on current affairs. Prior to joining Clark Hill, Sean was at an AmLaw 200 firm.
Representative clients include:
- The largest melon producer in the United States and largest agriculture producer in the State of Arizona;
- One of Arizona’s premiere hospitality groups, which owns and/or operates more than eight bars and restaurants, and holds a license agreement with a world-famous musician;
- An owner and operator of 30 independently owned, nationally branded hotels;
- One of the largest frozen dessert manufacturing and co-packing companies in the world;
- An international real estate hotel and finance company with experience in EB-5 development properties;
- An international beverage company;
- Numerous residential and commercial real estate developers;
- A cutting edge value-based health care consulting and solutions company;
- Commercial legal medical marijuana cannabis growing and distribution facilities; and
- Internationally-rated boutique hotel properties and hoteliers.
Ryan Lorenz and Sean Carroll were successful in obtaining a reversal of a $12 million verdict against their client, Sherry Petta, in a published opinion of the Arizona Court of Appeals. Desert Palm Surgical Group PLC v. Petta, 236 Ariz. 568, 343 P.3d 438 (App. 2015). On July 30, 2015, the Arizona Supreme Court denied the Carlottis’ petition for review, thereby ending the appeal in Ms. Petta’s favor.