Rebecca Mancini represents professionals and their families in corporate immigration matters involving employment-based temporary (B-1, E, F, H, J, K, L, 0, P, and TN) and permanent visa (EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3) categories for many industries. She has extensive experience in developing, implementing, and managing the PERM labor certification and immigrant green card process on behalf of employers. She also provides outbound visa services to clients that need effective solutions for managing a global workforce.
Rebecca helps clients develop and implement strategies to address complex immigration matters, including due diligence considerations during corporate restructuring, layoffs, and workforce reductions, as well as compliance with immigration laws, Department of Labor regulations, and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service programs.
Rebecca frequently provides training on immigration topics and internal audit preparation for Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance.
Michigan Lawyers Weekly, Up & Coming Lawyers (2017)
Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Star, Immigration: Business (2021)
American Immigration Lawyers Association, Michigan and National
Oakland County Bar Association
Michigan Young Lawyers’ Association
American Bar Association
State Bar Licenses
- Advised and assisted automotive supplier during corporate restructuring to prepare and implement strategy to maintain work authorization and I-9 compliance for thousands of employees.
- Advised large global engineering and technology firm on immigration consequences of corporate spin-off.
Hiring and Retaining Foreign Workers
- Created strategy and managed successful transfer of hundreds of foreign employees hired as consultants to direct hire for major financial services provider.
- Performed management assessment and implementation of large-scale global mobility program on behalf of Tier 1 Automotive employer by managing relocation, tax and immigration and other legal considerations.
I-9 and E-Verify Compliance
- Assisted large engineering services corporation with nationwide internal I-9 audit: prepared and conducted training for HR and management staff on best I-9 practices and implementation of E-Verify.
- Served as lead counsel to major I-9 electronic software solutions provider.
Immigration Case Management
- Managed nonimmigrant, immigrant, and global visa services needs for multiple large multinational corporations.
- Developed immigration policy and employer handbook sections on sponsorship for immigration benefits to protect U.S. employers from exposure to liability for non-compliance.
- Successfully obtained extraordinary ability classification for various researchers, business leaders, and professional athletes based on demonstrated expertise and prominence in their fields.
Start-Up and Entrepreneurs
- Supported immigration aspects of obtaining work authorization and securing financing compliance for new business growth from foreign sources.
- Advised visa strategies for Asian Tier-1 automotive parts company to establish U.S. manufacturing facilities and successfully obtain work authorization and visas for executive, management and specialized support team to join U.S. operations.
Overturn Adverse Decisions
- Obtained numerous successful decisions on appeals and motions to reopen through filings with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Facilitated expedited processing of treaty trader and investor company registration to ensure E visa employees approval timely to avoid delays in start-up operations in the U.S.
Individual Immigration Matters
- Secured visas and admission to the U.S. for various dependent family members of foreign workers filing to join in the U.S.
Clark Hill’s Immigration Practice Group Awards
- Corporate LiveWire’s Legal Award Winner – Corporate Immigration Law Team of the Year in 2016.
- International M&A Awards – Corporate LiveWire – Immigration Law Team of the Year – USA in 2015 and 2016.
- Winner in the category of “Immigration Law” by Corporate LiveWire – Global Awards in 2015.
- Clark Hill received an Award for Excellence in Immigration Law – Michigan by AI Global Immigration & Logistics 2015.
- Clark Hill was listed as Tier 1 Nationally for Immigration Law in 2015 by U.S. News.
- Clark Hill was listed as US – Regional Immigration Law Firm of the Year in the ACQ Law Awards in 2014.
- Clark Hill was listed as US – Immigration Law Firm of the Year in the ACQ Law Awards 2014 and 2015.
- Clark Hill won the Best Immigration Specialist for Fortune 500 Companies in Michigan –Acquisition International – Global Mobility and Immigration Awards in 2014.
- Clark Hill won the Best International Immigration Team, Michigan – Acquisition International – Legal Awards in 2014