Paola Armeni litigates civil rights actions and criminal defense cases. She protects individuals whose constitutional rights have been violated and defends those accused of crimes.
Paola advocates for her clients to obtain the best results. She maintains a good rapport with her clients through continual communication and sincere client service. Paola leaves no stone unturned and through a complete approach to her cases, she excels in securing positive results for her clients. Paola’s clients appreciate her approach because she is candid and compassionate.
Paola serves as the Member-in-Charge of the firm’s Las Vegas office, where she strives to uphold an efficient and positive office environment.
Ms. Armeni is the only lawyer in Nevada to receive the Best Lawyers recognition in the area of Civil Rights Law, and the state’s only female attorney awarded in the areas of Criminal Defense: General Practice and Criminal Defense: White Collar. In 2020, she received the Lawyer of the Year distinction from Best Lawyers in the Criminal Defense: White Collar category.
Ms. Armeni was selected by her peers as one of the top attorneys in Nevada and recognized in the Nevada Business Magazine as a Legal Elite from 2012 – 2013 and 2021. She is among only 1% of Nevada attorneys to receive this distinction. She was also selected as one of Nevada Business Magazine’s, Top 50 Up & Coming Attorneys for 2012 as well as a VEGAS INC. Top Lawyer.
Ms. Armeni was selected as the recipient of the Myrna Williams Children’s Pro Bono Award by the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada. This award is given in honor of Myrna Williams, and recognizes an attorney who has done an extraordinary job in giving a voice to our communities’ most vulnerable victims.
Ms. Armeni also received the “40 Under 40” Award from the Las Vegas Business Press for 2012 and received the inaugural Young Lawyer of the Year Award from the State Bar of Nevada in 2011.
She has been selected to the Mountain States Super Lawyers list from 2014 – 2020 . Prior to that, she was selected to the Mountain States Rising Stars list from 2009 – 2013. This tremendous distinction is shared by only 2.5% of the state’s total attorneys.
She received the inaugural William S. Boyd School of Law 2008 College Alumni of the Year.
Ms. Armeni has been rated as an “AV/Preeminent Attorney” by Martindale-Hubbell. AV, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished (SM) and Martindale-Hubbell Notable (SM) are Certification Marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
In 2018, she received the Legal Excellence Award from Vegas Legal Magazine.
She has been recognized multiple times as a member of the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada “50 Hours Club” and “100 Hours Club” for her donated service.
Ms. Armeni has been named among Best Lawyers in America¬© for Civil Rights Law; Criminal Defense: General Practice; Criminal Defense: White-Collar by Best Lawyers (2021)
Ms. Armeni has been appointed over the years to sit on several Merit Selection Panels for the Appointment and Re-Appointment of Magistrate Judges in the District of Nevada. In 2018, she was appointed Chairperson of the Merit Selection Panel that appointed two new Magistrate Judges and shortly thereafter in 2019 was again appointed Chairperson of the Merit Selection panel for the Re-Appointment of Magistrate Judge Koppe. She is the first woman to be appointed to the Chair position in the District of Nevada.
Board of Governors, State Bar of Nevada
Member, American Bar Association
Past Chair, State Bar of Nevada’s Young Lawyer’s Section
Member, Clark County Bar Association
Past President, William S. Boyd School of Law Alumni Association
Past President and Current Board Member, Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice
Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Board Member, Las Vegas Business Academy, a program that offers scholarships and mentorships to students obtaining their master’s degrees
Judge, Nevada High School Mock Trial Competition
Member, Advisory Commission on the Administration of Justice
State Bar Licenses
- Represented a client in a civil rights action where the jury awarded in excess of 2 million dollars in damages; Ninth Circuit affirmed the judgment.
- Represented a client in a civil rights action where the jury awarded a damage award in excess of $100,000 including punitive damages; Ninth Circuit affirmed the judgment.
- Represented a client in a civil rights action before the Ninth Circuit and successfully defended the denial of summary judgment by the district court judge.
- Represented a client charged with murder; client was acquitted.
- Represented a client charged with activities related to mortgage fraud. Despite a 46-month sentence recommended, was able to obtain a sentence with no jail time.
- Represented a client charged with social security fraud, client received probationary sentence.
- Represented a client charged with attempted murder; client acquitted on attempted murder charge and received probation on remaining counts.
- Represented a client in mortgage fraud case where the government was recommending a 12-month sentence of incarceration, client received one month of incarceration.
- Represented a client in a drug case where she was successful in suppressing all evidence seized resulting in a dismissal of the case.
- Author, “David v. Goliath, The Battle against Law Enforcement,” Nevada Lawyer, March 2015
- Author, “Ten Quick Tips to Become an Effective Criminal Lawyer,” Communique, March 2014
- Author, “Campaign Finances – But I Want to Give More! The Struggle Between the First Amendment and Corruption,” Nevada Business Magazine, November 2013
- Speaker, “Trial Academy – Themes and Theories,” 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Speaker, “Defending the Modern Drug Case,” 12th Annual Seminar, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, September 19, 2019
- Speaker, “Fee Agreements,” Sexual Assault Conference, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2019
- Speaker, “Fines, Forfeitures, and Restitution,” White Collar Conference, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2019
- Speaker, “White Collar Conference Getting Below the White Collar Sentencing Guidelines,” 2017
- Presenter, “Bills that Became Law – 2017 Legislative – Criminal Update webinar, State Bar of Nevada, 2017
- Speaker, “Collateral Consequences for Drug Crimes,” National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2016
- Speaker, “Women in the Law,” Leadership Nevada Summer Institute, 2016
- Speaker, “Defending the Modern Drug Case – Fees,” National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, October 2015
- Speaker, “Defending the Modern Drug Case – Suppressing the Evidence,” National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, September 2014
- Speaker, White Collar Conference, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, June 2014
- Speaker, “White Collar Roundtable Program,” Association of Federal Defense Attorneys (AFDA), May 30, 2014
- Speaker, “Woman in the Law,” State Bar of Nevada, January 2013
- Panel Moderator, “Civil rights panel,” 2012
- Speaker, “Defending the Modern Drug Case – Collateral Consequences,” National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, November 2011