Nicole L. PhatakNicole Phatak Clark Hill
Nicole L. Phatak
Nicole L. Phatak is a member of Clark Hill’s Pittsburgh office as a Member in the Tax and Estate Planning group. She focuses her practice in estate planning, estate administration and gift and individual taxation. Nicole provides clients with legal advice, ranging from basic wills and powers of attorney, to sophisticated trusts and asset preservation. She brings a comprehensive approach to client's preparation of passing wealth to the next generation. A significant part of her practice includes advice regarding and preparation of individual federal and state income tax, gift tax and fiduciary income tax returns.
Nicole is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association, the Estate Planning Council of Pittsburgh, and the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
- Co-Author, "Preparer Penalties under the New Tax Preparer Regulations," Pennsylvania Bar Institute's 3rd Annual Estate Law Update, May 13, 2009
- Author, "The Uniform Trust Act: 10 Months Later," presented at a Joint Conference of Professional Trustees and Trust Attorneys sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2007
- Co-Author, "Mass Media & International Law," Florida Journal of International Law, 2006
- Panelist,“Charitable Gifting Strategies – Make the Most of Your Donations,” Fort Pitt Capital, December 3, 2020.
- Presenter, “Charitable Planning 101,” Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation, March 2020
- Presenter, “Charitable Planning 101,” Next Act Fund LLC Educational Session and Member Meeting, March 2020
- Presenter, "Talking With Donors About Their Legacy (and Creative Planned Giving Solutions!)," Pittsburgh Planned Giving Council Meeting, November 2019
- Presenter, "5 Reasons Estate Planning for Women is Essential," Next Act Fund LLC Educational Session and Member Meeting, July 2019
- Co-presenter, “Tax-Reform and the Impact on Charitable Giving and Non-Profit Organizations,” Allegheny County Bar Association Committee on Exempt Organizations, November 2018 (co-presented with Christie Tillapaugh of Cohen & Grigsby)
- Panelist, "Administering an Estate in PA," Pennsylvania Bar Institute, September 2017
- Panelist, "2013 Tax Update," Animal Friends, 2013
- Panelist, "Using Trusts as Building Blocks for Your Client's Estate Plan: Common Techniques for the Foundation of an Estate Plan," Pennsylvania Bar Institute Seminar, 2011
- Panelist, "Insolvent Estates: A Practical Primer," Pennsylvania Bar Institute Seminar, 2010