Matthew W. Schlegel
Matthew W. Schlegel represents individuals, businesses, and municipalities in resolving a broad range of civil disputes in both state and federal trial and appellate courts, including commercial, employment, construction, real estate, and personal injury claims.
Matt also assists clients in resolving disputes outside of court through alternative dispute resolution methodologies and serves as an arbitrator, facilitative mediator, and case evaluator through various courts and organizations.
AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Super Lawyers – Michigan (Civil Litigation Defense), 2009
DBusiness Magazine Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit (Litigation), 2010
Corporate Counsel Super Lawyers (Alternative Dispute Resolution), 2010
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
American Arbitration Association
American Bar Association
State Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
Defense Research Institute
Michigan Defense Trial Counsel, Inc.
Oakland Country Bar Association
Former Master, Oakland County Bar Association Inns of Court
State Bar Licenses
- Trak Auto Corp. v. West Town Center, 367 F.2nd 237 (4th Cir. 2004)
- Farmington Casualty Co. v. Cyberlogic Technologies, Inc., 996 F.Supp. 695 (E.D. Mich. 1998)
- Advance Watch Co. Ltd. v. Kemper National Life Ins. Co., 878 F.Supp. 1034 (E.D. Mich. 1995)
- Barber v. SMH (US), Inc., 202 Mich. App. 366 (1993)
- Admiral Merchants Motor Freight, Inc. v. Mich. Dept. of Labor, 149 Mich. App. 344 (1986)